Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt watch yesterday but in the Arsenal game there 2as a mention of some on going niggles to Kante and Rudiger. They also looked knackered after 75 mins.

Meanwhile Kev, Phillip and Riyad have had their feet up waiting to absolutely tear them to pieces.

Nothing other than a very one sided final is firmly on the cards. Chelsea look done. Mentally and physically. That's not arrogance it watching everything going on in real time.

Pep has played a blinder with this squad the last 4/6 weeks. We could possibly go into the final with our 3 best players absolutely ready to fire.

I don't believe for one minute Kev is any kind of doubt for it. Infact I reckon it's the exact opposite.

Reactions: mac
Much depends on how we use those 2-3 weeks to prepare.

I remember the CL final between Milan and Barca back in 1994. Milan had won the league early and were just preparing for the final. Barca had a decisive league game 3 days before the final. Overall, Barca, Cruyff's dream team with Guardiolla at 6, were considered favourites, for they had Romario and Stoichkov in attack and were on a fantastic winning run. But Milan beat them 4:0.

Pep played in that game and knows perfectly well the importance of being fresh in the final.

It was bad for Chelsea that they lost the final yesterday, no two ways about it. The second consecutive loss hit their confidence which may lead to nervousness and mistakes in the next games. They will give everything to compensate for those losses and to finish in top 4. This may lead to more fatigue and some injuries. Fatigue is felt stronger when you lose. Two consecutive losses will "help" them feel in their bones the brutal schedule in April and May. Mental fatigue may creep in as well.

They are good, they have a lot of talented players (calling their players and manager average is incredibly stupid), and it won't be easy to beat them. Unlike the games with Arsenal and Leicester, they will be underdogs and will play with tactics that suits them more. But, ultimately, they are not likely to be as fresh as our players, and this may be decisive.
Great post.

I've been pondering this and it's a proper conundrum for Pep.
He can't just rest players as they will lose their match sharpness, particularly KDB, Aguero and Walker who all take time to get upto speed after a lay-off.
Then again he doesn't wanna keep putting match winners in harms way for the last 2 prem games for obvious reasons.
We have to remember these players have done a game every 3 days pretty much all season and the drive and desire has been remarkable.
Taking their foot off the gas now would surely result in a less sharp performance in cl final.

Great post.

I've been pondering this and it's a proper conundrum for Pep.
He can't just rest players as they will lose their match sharpness, particularly KDB, Aguero and Walker who all take time to get upto speed after a lay-off.
Then again he doesn't wanna keep putting match winners in harms way for the last 2 prem games for obvious reasons.
We have to remember these players have done a game every 3 days pretty much all season and the drive and desire has been remarkable.
Taking their foot off the gas now would surely result in a less sharp performance in cl final.

Think that any player who is going to start in Porto will play either against Brighton or against Everton. Some players may play in both games. Pep will try to keep the players both fresh and match fit.

I don't believe for one minute Kev is any kind of doubt for it. Infact I reckon it's the exact opposite.
I'm convinced that if the league was going to the final game of the season Kev would be playing every game with painkillers and ice baths. He's maybe at 70% or 80% and we are trying to get him to 90%.

Dear God and Baby Jesus,

If you can see to it that my beloved City win this trophy on Saturday 29th May 2021, I promise never to ask you for anything ever again.

Amen

P.S. I'm not sleeping well, I've lost weight and been told to focus more at work
ha i do that with the cosmos before and during important games

Wow, some of this lot are really down in the mouth at present. This from Chelsea Shed End:

1. I know many on here will post all sorts of confident things to maintain a face of being an Uber fan, but I can’t believe that anyone can hand on heart really believe we’ve a snowball in Hells chance against City. I’ve lost all hope of an upset. When you can’t score and can barely even manage an attempt on goal and you have no chance against anyone, let alone Man City.

2. We are going to get a caining from an amazing City team I fear. Such a shame our two wins over them recently are now meaningless.

Overreactions, of course. Ridiculous, really. I've seen similar things on here after a couple of bad results. It'll be tight, but if everyone's on their game, I think we'll do it.

One other thing: Werner might as well have been christened Timo Offside Werner. Our back line will have taken note. Really hope Tuchel plays him. Can't understand why he has Havertz on the bench and Werner on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.