Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His Royal Highness Sheikh Mansour will come to watch the Champions League final.

It would be fabulous to see him there and I reckon the whole team and staff would get a boost from his presence.

JJ
Is he on the Cup Scheme?

We are spending 3 weeks disguising on one march - I think that's less helpful than the "just think about the next match" approach.

Much depends on how we use those 2-3 weeks to prepare.

I remember the CL final between Milan and Barca back in 1994. Milan had won the league early and were just preparing for the final. Barca had a decisive league game 3 days before the final. Overall, Barca, Cruyff's dream team with Pep Guardiola at 6, were considered favourites, for they had Romario and Stoichkov in attack and were on a fantastic winning run. But Milan beat them 4:0.

Pep played in that game and knows perfectly well the importance of being fresh in the final.

It was bad for Chelsea that they lost the final yesterday, no two ways about it. The second consecutive loss hit their confidence which may lead to nervousness and mistakes in the next games. They will give everything to compensate for those losses and to finish in top 4. This may lead to more fatigue and some injuries. Fatigue is felt stronger when you lose. Two consecutive losses will "help" them feel the brutal schedule in April and May. Mental fatigue may creep in as well.

They are good, they have a lot of talented players (calling their players and manager average is incredibly stupid), and it won't be easy to beat them. Unlike the games with Arsenal and Leicester, they will be underdogs and will play with tactics that suits them more. But, ultimately, they are not likely to be as fresh as our players, and this may be decisive.

Last edited:
The Arsenal defeat was a disaster for them
Win that and Liverpool are no threat to top 4 and they can stride confidently into 2 finals with nothing other than those 2 games to fully concentrate on
Having lost it they are genuinely in a scrap for top 4 and the pre Arsenal confidence has evaporated
They looked like a Lampard side at the end of his reign yesterday

5th and losing 2 cup finals is now very much a possibility
Didnt watch yesterday but in the Arsenal game there 2as a mention of some on going niggles to Kante and Rudiger. They also looked knackered after 75 mins.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I’d give up everything I own to have ten minutes with him talking about the football. Bittersweet isn’t it.
Same here.
I watch Foden and wish me Dad had lasted a bit longer so he could've seen him play now. He watched him as a kid for England and told me he (Foden) would be a good 'un.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.