Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

I tell you what fella. If you don’t qualify for a ticket at that points level you can have mine. How about that? ;-)
I think 8,000 and scheme certainly gets a ticket. In my mind, I can't see how everyone on the scheme doesn't get one but when I look at the numbers I overthink.

I'm 12,000 and scheme so I'll be reet, but I'm travelling with someone who is 2,500 and scheme, so it feels a little touch-and-go.

I would expect City to get additional tickets for corporate, friends and family. There are 35,000 tickets UEFA have to shift after the club allocations. I would imagine they give some of those to the clubs as corporate and the 20k is for the typical fan. Wouldn't imagine 40% of those disappear either. Supporters clubs shouldn't be getting the same number they would for domestic games. But you never know.

A lot more people seem to be considering going than I had expected. Whether they still do when they have to pay 600 quid for a ticket is another matter!
Supporters club got 6k for the FA cup final, so I find it easy to believe that they will get a good percentage of CL tickets.

A few updates from our meeting with the club today.

There are roughly 18,000 people on the Champions League scheme.

We will be purchasing our tickets directly from UEFA - not City. As someone else mentioned, all tickets will be mobile on the UEFA app.

In order to buy tickets, supporters will be given an access code. The club can distribute codes that only grant access at a certain time, so that we are still able to stagger sales to cup scheme members and different point levels.

We have asked the club to require supporters make an expression of interest to receive a code. This would like be done on our normal ticketing platform. The alternative would be providing every single cup scheme member, then potentially all season card holders and even a large number of Cityzens with a code. So, it should make things a bit more manageable and we are liaising with the club over potential accessibility issues to the site and tickets.

18-25 and Junior Pull through will be available and will likely also require an EOI.

As far as I am aware, UEFA will not allow supporters to choose their specific seat. Only the category.

So the Supporter has to go through a process of saying "Yes please City, I would like to perhaps purchase one of UEFA's fandabeedozee bargain tickets", to then wait on the arrival of a code some time in the future, that can then only be used in a specific time slot some time in the future, and if you miss that slot, because you might have a life or perhaps need to earn the not so small amounts of cash required to pay for it, then presumably you are knackered?

This will be a struggle for anyone who works or indeed any of the older tech phobes, who frankly will really be seen off with this nonsense.

You’ll piss 8000 and I think I’ll get one at 6000 but it’s the people that are on lower points that could potentially miss out that I’m bothered about. I can’t predict what the demands going to be like, but it’s going to be a very expensive trip so it will put a lot of people off. If it was somewhere like Munich then it would sell out on cup scheme members no doubt.
I hope you’re right and we both get one. I agree that’s it’s shit if we have 20k tickets and 18k Cup scheme and some (possibly us) miss out.

Bit gutting that it's quite likely not everyone on the cup scheme will get a ticket if they want to go.
Even if there is 18k on the cup scheme there’s no way all 18k are going. What should have been a glorious few weeks planning after last night is going to start to feel like a real kick in the teeth I fear with flights astronomical. I took a punt on flights before Bayern for both Madrid away and Istanbul and lucked out - my flights to Istanbul are now 25x more expensive than what I paid. Ticket prices for most will be upward nearly £200, you’re looking at a £1000 trip per person all in so no way all cup scheme members are going!

I feel there are a lot of seat counting amateurs here getting their knickers in a twist about nothing. We have loads of tickets.
Let’s hope you’re right Dave! I would find it incredibly harsh on someone with low points who is on the scheme miss out due to tickets going to cooperate, supporters clubs etc.

Alex, appreciate the information and I know it's neither yours nor the club's decision, but I can predict a few issues.

Turkey is not part of the EU and as such even those with roaming packages will be charged excessively if an internet connection is required. I went to Istanbul last year and attended a Fenerbaçhe game which was a mobile ticket. There was a minor issue and I had to turn on my data briefly and it cost about £50.

By all accounts the UEFA app was a disaster last year and was at least partly responsible for the issues.

The access code to purchase tickets seems like it's going be a disaster, but admittedly seems like it's out of the club's hands.
Really good point about mobile charges. If you go to Turkey, YOU NEED TO BUY A SIM at the airport or you will be robbed by data charges! No ifs, no buts, SIM required, or your phone bill may be more than your ticket!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.