Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

Somebody earlier worked out going off the Thursday to Saturday Manchester flights that only about 2k fans have already bought travel. I'm personally going from London and there's loads of space left on the flights available.

I just hope flight prices level off or decrease when match tickets go on sale. Nobody is going to be getting much change out of £1,500 or £2k for this trip. That's just not doable for the majority of our fans. I hope you're right and everyone gets sorted, we need a fantastic atmosphere over there.
I am just booking my flight from London while the prices are still 'reasonable'.

This on the hope/expectation that I will get a ticket.

What bothers me is that, if this was almost any other city, I would have done this already on the basis that - fuck it I will just have a holiday and enjoy the atmosphere - but there is something that is not appealing about Istanbul

Anyone - got experience of the city that can say if it will be place for travelling CITY fans to have the crack?

Ive watched city my whole life and been to some terrible stadiums in the old division 2 so a running track at the champions league final doesn’t really bother me tbh! Does anyone know what day we can apply for the tickets? Heard something about this friday? CTID

I’ve spoke to a few people recently who have the finances and work flexibility to go and who are attendees at basically all home and away games- who are not going as they’ve spoken to people who have been to the stadium and looked at it themselves and decided due to the running track around the pitch and distance for fans from the pitch to the stand that the view will be shit… an interesting alternative reason for some as to why they also may not go.
People refusing to attend a Champions League final where we can potentially secure a treble, because the view of the pitch might not be that good. Fucking hell!

I am just booking my flight from London while the prices are still 'reasonable'.

This on the hope/expectation that I will get a ticket.

What bothers me is that, if this was almost any other city, I would have done this already on the basis that - fuck it I will just have a holiday and enjoy the atmosphere - but there is something that is not appealing about Istanbul

Anyone - got experience of the city that can say if it will be place for travelling CITY fans to have the crack?

I feel the exact same as you mate. My old man is coming and is up for seeing the sights etc, but football only for me I'm afraid. It's not a place I've ever thought of going to other than if City reached a final there. Porto was a pleasant surprise though, helped by the fact we were all funneled down to the one main square area next to the river. That was a brilliant trip other than the result. I think blues are gonna be a bit more spread out in Turkey.

It’s not putting people off, I live 8 miles from the Etihad, run an unofficial Supporters club from Ashton and had many requests for tickets. I’ve never known so many fans going to an overseas game, it’ll be just my 4th one abroad but as a long standing season ticket holder and on the Cup Scheme I’m well happy to be getting my ticket.

Is the Ashton branch still going ? My lad was looking to join (just to meet other blues in the area, not for tickets, he’s got his own S/T) looked online for info about a local branch but could only find Stailybridge

I feel the exact same as you mate. My old man is coming and is up for seeing the sights etc, but football only for me I'm afraid. It's not a place I've ever thought of going to other than if City reached a final there. Porto was a pleasant surprise though, helped by the fact we were all funneled down to the one main square area next to the river. That was a brilliant trip other than the result. I think blues are gonna be a bit more spread out in Turkey.
Yeah - I have been to other places in Turkey, for golf etc. but Istanbul just does not appeal - but I do not have good reason.

I am hoping to hear from some blues that it is a great place to visit anyway

Also, is this the right thread to seek advice on places to stay. I will probably end up there for 5 nights and in Madrid I found a place for about £70 per night - has anyone got any recommendations of where other blues are staying for that sort of price range please?

Yeah - I have been to other places in Turkey, for golf etc. but Istanbul just does not appeal - but I do not have good reason.

Also, is this the right thread to seek advice on places to stay. I will probably end up there for 5 nights and in Madrid I found a place for about £70 per night - has anyone got any recommendations of where other blues are staying for that sort of price range please?

There are a few other threads more specific to this. I'll PM you mate.

The amount of confusion on this thread just demonstrates what an absolutely mess the clubs ticketing system is. They clearly arnt fit for purpose. No organisation and very poor communication. They work at a glacial pace and clearly have no idea how their lack of action affects the clubs fan base who are trying to secure accommodation, flights and book time off work with many like myself just simply waiting to see if they will qualify for a ticket before commiting to ever increasing flight and hotel costs.
Its truly pathetic.
But is it all down to City? A big part of the delays (perhaps everything to do with it) might be down to UEFA.
But I agree regarding communication. If it is UEFA incompetence and/or red tape causing the delays, City should be keeping us updated. It’s as if the club is frightened of upsetting them.
Of course if UEFA have been switched on and organised and everything were moaning about is typical City bad practice, it’s unforgivable.

I was there about 30 years ago, it was brilliant. Obviously it will have changed, for better or worse, I don’t know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.