Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Return test needs to be done in the 3 days prior to your flight.
gov.uk advice says if you fly on a Friday, the test should be done Mon/Tue/Wed
assuming your going Fri to sun, get it done at the airport when you land at the airport and use that for the way back.

UK departure tests start at £45, and you need another one on day 2 when you come back.
Good luck finding one at that price that you can be sure will be done in time.

Perhaps the government should employ you to decide who goes on the red list and who doesn't. I mean, taking advice off scientific experts is proper amateurish. Oh, and it's not just about new case numbers which you've been utterly obsessed about - when Turkey went red last week, variants were cited as a cause for concern but let's sweep that bit under the carpet.
The government have showed time and time again in the last 15 months that they disregard scientific advice until the point at which the NHS is at collapse. This is why we have the 5th highest number of Covid deaths in the world despite being 21st in terms of population.

Variants are a concern domestically and interntionally, but there is no new variant in Turkey. The lockdown they are in, like many recent lockdowns in Europe was caused by the UK variant.

Is it in Porto yet? I’ve got flights, accommodation and pcr test ready to go for 250e (from Valencia).
Via Madrid? Cheapest flights I can see are 250€ before accommodation.
It'd be great if they changed it to Lisbon though as there are direct flights for 150€ return.
I'm also weighing up the 9 hour drive to Porto but it's the hungover drive back that's putting me off!

The government have showed time and time again in the last 15 months that they disregard scientific advice until the point at which the NHS is at collapse. This is why we have the 5th highest number of Covid deaths in the world despite being 21st in terms of population.

Variants are a concern domestically and interntionally, but there is no new variant in Turkey. The lockdown they are in, like many recent lockdowns in Europe was caused by the UK variant.
Take it to the Covid thread (not that I've ever seen you post on there but all of a sudden you're spouting off about infection rates, and death numbers on a football thread) and the Covid political thread ffs. Whatever one thinks of this government, there's no conspiracy theory behind Turkey going red. End of.

By the way, we may be 5th highest in number of deaths but we're further down the list in terms of number of deaths as a percentage of population, a barometer you were keen to use the other day but not so keen to use now. Oh, and our 7 day rolling death numbers as of yesterday was just 10 per day.

There is another issue Turkey has. Turkish airlines is a big hub and spoke operator, so a lot of people fly to Istanbul as a holdover before flying into Europe. Part of the thinking is that variants can flair up there.
It is a similar issue to the one the UAE has (Etihad and Emirates). the UAE has fantastic vaccination rates (44% better than ours), but it is still red for that reason.

Whatever you think of the government, imho UEFA have been asleep at the wheel.. After the first legs it was probable that the final would be all-English. An organisation that is used to dealing with national authorities should not have been caught on the hop.

Via Madrid? Cheapest flights I can see are 250€ before accommodation.
It'd be great if they changed it to Lisbon though as there are direct flights for 150€ return.
I'm also weighing up the 9 hour drive to Porto but it's the hungover drive back that's putting me off!
Flight from VLC to Madrid Fri night. Stay in hotel at Madrid airport.

Madrid to Porto Sat morning 7am

Porto to Madrid Sun evening. Stay in hotel at Madrid.

Madrid to VLC 3pm ish on the Monday.

Flights 97e return. My accom in Porto is free :)

Flight from VLC to Madrid Fri night. Stay in hotel at Madrid airport.

Madrid to Porto Sat morning 7am

Porto to Madrid Sun evening. Stay in hotel at Madrid.

Madrid to VLC 3pm ish on the Monday.

Flights 97e return. My accom in Porto is free :)
Going via somewhere like Madrid or another city en route would be a decent option for anyone coming from the UK to help keep costs down but we'd have to check the rules for each country of course. Plus there's also the possible curveball that both clubs might only be selling tickets as part of an official travel package. It's for that reason that I'm holding off booking anything even if Portugal does get officially announced as the venue, until we know what's happening with the tickets and under what criteria they're being sold.

Going via somewhere like Madrid or another city en route would be a decent option for anyone coming from the UK to help keep costs down but we'd have to check the rules for each country of course. Plus there's also the possible curveball that both clubs might only be selling tickets as part of an official travel package. It's for that reason that I'm holding off booking anything even if Portugal does get officially announced as the venue, until we know what's happening with the tickets and under what criteria they're being sold.
Me and Glenn are in Valencia.

Travelling from the UK to Porto via France or Spain throws up a lot of problems for people living in Blighty.

I wonder what's in this for Portugal for them to agree to host this? If the UK weren't willing to welcome the thousands of UEFA representatives and sponsors flying in from wherever without quarantine, why would Portugal? They look to be doing well with COVID at the moment with only several hundred new cases per day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.