Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Hold on a sec - you were saying the other night that you're not arsed where this match is played, but here you are again blaming the government for committing the cardinal sin of sticking Turkey on the red list. I mean, how fucking dare they do that - after all, you had your flight and hotel booked so they should've made Turkey amber or even green just to suit you. The way you've been banging on, you actually think it was a deliberate act to piss us all off. And how dare the poster you quoted blame that whiter than white organisation UEFA eh? After our government held firm on not granting their VIPs quarantine exemption (something you said yourself shouldn't be happening) you're even blaming the government for sticking to their guns on something that squared with your opinion.

If UEFA wanted this match to be played with people in attendance, they should've ensured it was moved to a safer country weeks ago instead of playing Russian Roulette and waiting until the last possible minute and even then only changing the venue when it was taken out of their hands. They (UEFA) don't give a fuck about football fans. Never have and never fucking will. It's all about countries bending over backwards and breaking their own Covid regs just to suit their entourage of hangers-on. Cunts.
I've been pretty restrained when responding to some of the naive (or just thick) posts. Doesn't bode well that a few have been yours.

The poster was complaining about the uncertainty of where the game was going to take place, and I cannot comprehend how you can take the view that has been created by UEFA, who announce the location of the final at least 12 months in advance. In full agreement that they have numerous flaws, but this particular issue of uncertainty is not their doing.

I'm blaming the government, and specifically Grant Schapps for the decision to put Turkey on the red list which was based on either no science at all or well out of date data. Neither are good thing. Turkey down to 13k yesterday for what its worth. I bet you a pastel de nata it will be amber on the next review.

I'm glad it appears they aren't letting everyone in with quarantine exemptions (until next month for the Euros), but they were willing to grant them for the broadcast and media.

If its in Portugal, the fact it is on the green list means we can go there and come back without quarantining, which suits a lot more people, but from an epidemioligical point of view is more risky for the UK than if we'd all gone to Istanbul and come back and quarantined.

For what its worth, my flight to Istanbul was cancelled this morning so I'm not out of pocket which you'll be pleased to know, but I booked that back in 2019, so wouldn't have been the end of the world anyway if it hadn't - I'd kind of written it off.

So, I wasn't arsed about where the game is played but would prefer it isn't Istanbul because I would struggle to get there now.

Hope you are able to get to the game, wherever it may be.

Took a punt last night and booked Man-Porto with Ryanair for £120. Can move the flights fee free to any destination so no biggie if it’s not in Portugal

From a purely selfish point of view, I hope it's at Wembley. I'd already booked a week away with the family in the Cotswolds, but could probably justify sloping off for a day to London to watch the final. Trying to get to Portugal and back will be a bit more problematic.

I've been pretty restrained when responding to some of the naive (or just thick) posts. Doesn't bode well that a few have been yours.

The poster was complaining about the uncertainty of where the game was going to take place, and I cannot comprehend how you can take the view that has been created by UEFA, who announce the location of the final at least 12 months in advance. In full agreement that they have numerous flaws, but this particular issue of uncertainty is not their doing.

I'm blaming the government, and specifically Grant Schapps for the decision to put Turkey on the red list which was based on either no science at all or well out of date data. Neither are good thing. Turkey down to 13k yesterday for what its worth. I bet you a pastel de nata it will be amber on the next review.

I'm glad it appears they aren't letting everyone in with quarantine exemptions (until next month for the Euros), but they were willing to grant them for the broadcast and media.

If its in Portugal, the fact it is on the green list means we can go there and come back without quarantining, which suits a lot more people, but from an epidemioligical point of view is more risky for the UK than if we'd all gone to Istanbul and come back and quarantined.

For what its worth, my flight to Istanbul was cancelled this morning so I'm not out of pocket which you'll be pleased to know, but I booked that back in 2019, so wouldn't have been the end of the world anyway if it hadn't - I'd kind of written it off.

So, I wasn't arsed about where the game is played but would prefer it isn't Istanbul because I would struggle to get there now.

Hope you are able to get to the game, wherever it may be.
Perhaps the government should employ you to decide who goes on the red list and who doesn't. I mean, taking advice off scientific experts is proper amateurish. Oh, and it's not just about new case numbers which you've been utterly obsessed about - when Turkey went red last week, variants were cited as a cause for concern but let's sweep that bit under the carpet.

From a purely selfish point of view, I hope it's at Wembley. I'd already booked a week away with the family in the Cotswolds, but could probably justify sloping off for a day to London to watch the final. Trying to get to Portugal and back will be a bit more problematic.
Schoolboy error Ric. Ever since the takeover I look at the last day of the season, the CL Final and the FA Cup Final and make sure I don't book anything daft for those weekends. My mate Alan who you know was on holiday for the Gillingham game, the Blackburn game, the QPR game and the Brighton game.

I agree about Turkey going red stinking of opportunism.
Portugal would be ideal in respect if no quarantine.
Wembley would be horrible.
we Booked flights last year, which were cancelled in Feb.
rebooked when we beat PSG only for it to cancel again.
not out of pocket at least.

Me too. Plus I bagged a room in the IBIS on South Way for £44 on Friday, but the way things are going I can't see it being played over here now unless UEFA drop their demands for quarantine exemption.

Schoolboy error Ric. Ever since the takeover I look at the last day of the season, the CL Final and the FA Cup Final and make sure I don't book anything daft for those weekends. My mate Alan who you know was on holiday for the Gillingham game, the Blackburn game, the QPR game and the Brighton game.
Yeah, with hindsight it was a bit stupid. I just presumed that there would be no fans allowed even if we made it to the final tbh.

I am not surprised there is silence and delay. A few days ago UEFA were looking at the move of the fixture to Wembley with City and Chavs paying £10m each to make sure the UEFA dignitary were fed and watered appropriately. Now it’s a health / govmt matter it would not be a surprise if the two Clubs have told UEFA that they are no longer under any obligation to fund the change of venue. I bet UEFA are scrabbling round trying to get someone else to pay for all their sunk commitments and new costs. This will matter more to them than the game itself. The fans are as we know a complete irrelevance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.