Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

It’s a brilliant gesture by the sound of things. We need more information. I’m not sure why you are trying to turn this into a negative by writing about “placating fans”
I wasn't.
What I said was that if the Portuguese government wouldn't shift their stance & the only option for the club would have been insisting fans get tickets only on the official trips. This would have gone down like a lead balloon with everyone. Agreed???
By announcing the free travel they have turned what would have been a negative into a positive (unless you've already booked).
Is that clearer?

Depends on whether someone with lower points doing the day trip gets priority over someone with higher points travelling independently? If tickets are sold as they normally are - points and cup scheme - then I don't think anyone can have any real complaints in terms of the way tickets are allocated.
I dont think they can do it that way. It will be tickets for the day trip package, then maybe a seperate ticket sale if there are any for the ticket only ones. Now how they will enforce that i don't know - tickets given out on the plane maybe? Otherwise you will get people buying a ticket for the day trip, getting their ticket and then going on their independent travel fo the weekend. The more you think about it, the more i feel this means it will almost all be day trip tickets and you get your ticket on the plane or in Porto at a fan park or something.

Let's hope city sort something for independent when full details announced later. Nothing from city in advance of this and shafted those that had gone out of the way to already sort plans. Is nobody at the club saying do you not realise how many have booked independently?

Whilst great for those not really arsed about going anyway the rest get shit on. If nothing agreed for those with travel already that's me done with city.

At least there's the good press city wanted after the ESL.

LOL. So the owner pays for the fans to travel which is a fantastic gesture and people are moaning about it? Fuck me we sound more like the rags with each passing season. I get your point to a certain extent but he simply can’t win.

Reactions: CC1
Great gesture by the club but feel a bit gutted personally - made own arrangements and feel I had a fighting chance with my 10,000 points and being on the scheme. Not sure that will suffice now :(

So let's see. Fans are complaining because they booked flights and accommodation before any details at all (not one single jot) of the criteria for tickets. We still don't know and will not know until this evening. It makes no sense to me to have done any of that without knowing if you can get a ticket. Part of me says you deserve it. Let's face it, it could have been (and may well still be) a straight ballot. I suppose that is the problem with allowing a system whereby the lucky few can amass gazillions of points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.