Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

A majority of the people with higher points have their tickets used by people in the same supporters club. I know as I have had access to these tickets over the years from various supporter clubs. It is a huge con and is a totally unfair system that is massively abused.
Won't argue, but you can't tar everyone with the same brush.
I have never given up an away ticket in this way, and I'm not about to start. Neither did I buy tickets, for the points, for games I had no intention of attending.
I've accrued 19k points, and seen some great European cities

So let's see. Fans are complaining because they booked flights and accommodation before any details at all (not one single jot) of the criteria for tickets. We still don't know and will not know until this evening. It makes no sense to me to have done any of that without knowing if you can get a ticket. Part of me says you deserve it. Let's face it, it could have been (and may well still be) a straight ballot. I suppose that is the problem with allowing a system whereby the lucky few can amass gazillions of points.
Booking early has always happened because of the price and availability of flights.

A majority of the people with higher points have their tickets used by people in the same supporters club. I know as I have had access to these tickets over the years from various supporter clubs. It is a huge con and is a totally unfair system that is massively abused.
I doubt the majority on higher points are in supporters clubs.

Another scenario - Due to the costs of PCR testing and the fact that most people who want to go have already booked their travel, quite a few of the c.3 to 5k tickets held back for the official day trip don't get sold, leaving people out in Porto without a ticket when the club's allocation hasn't sold out.

Reactions: ell
Why not give preference to people on the CL scheme who have bought an away CL ticket in the past?
The way I see it is you (partly) join the cup schemes to enhance your chances of getting tickets for the finals if the club reach it. I don't think it'll need any further criteria and would be wrong - I'm guessing most who go away will be on the scheme anyway. If there's 12/13k on the CL scheme, just offer tickets to the first 6k, then what's left to the remaining on the scheme, as normal. There'll still be loads who don't want to travel so reckon most who want one will get one.

I'm not on the scheme so don't deserve a ticket. Might join next year though.

I wasn't.
What I said was that if the Portuguese government wouldn't shift their stance & the only option for the club would have been insisting fans get tickets only on the official trips. This would have gone down like a lead balloon with everyone. Agreed???
By announcing the free travel they have turned what would have been a negative into a positive (unless you've already booked).
Is that clearer?
OK thanks.

I dont think they can do it that way. It will be tickets for the day trip package, then maybe a seperate ticket sale if there are any for the ticket only ones. Now how they will enforce that i don't know - tickets given out on the plane maybe? Otherwise you will get people buying a ticket for the day trip, getting their ticket and then going on their independent travel fo the weekend. The more you think about it, the more i feel this means it will almost all be day trip tickets and you get your ticket on the plane or in Porto at a fan park or something.
Unless as suggested, tickets are sold the usual way but you either opt in to free travel or not, and if you opt in then like you say it's tickets on the plane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.