Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Thats not entirely true though is it. They announced the final was in Porto and each team would be getting 6000 tickets last thursday morning i think. Its natural that people then go ahead and book flights and accomodation based on that info. It was only Thursday evening i think that the portugese government started making noises about it being day trip only and in a bubble. Its the people who acted in that period who have been shafted really and totally understand their frustration (me being one of them). I was 50/50 if i'd got a ticket previously, now i have zero chance of getting one through City.

If at the time of announcing the final and the 6000 tickets they said 'This will be a controlled event and all travel and tickets will be restricted to official club travel', id totally agree people were stupid to book, but they didnt. Like with most things Uefa do, they get it hugely wrong and fuck over the people they claim to care about so much.
My point is that even then nobody knew how they would get a ticket. People just assumed they would get one. You may still. Nobody knows.

Fantastic gesture, I don't see how you can spin the actions of the owner in to something negative on this.

Unfortunately, it seems likely that Portugal must be insisting on a high percentage, if not all attendees to the stadium must be in the official bubble.

Portugal have to make Covid decisions based on what they think is best for their country. It's shit for thousands of us fans, but I am sure they have their own legitimate reasons.

The same as our government has their reasons for not letting thousands of UEFA sponsors in without quarantine.

The villains of the piece are UEFA for me. They had the opportunity to move it to Wembley which would have been far better for the fans, but they've decided to put their sponsors first, which is a great shame.
yes i think uefa should be getting the shit , cant help there being a pandemic and portugal have to do what is safe for them , shame we get to the final this year but the trip will or should be fun however you get there , first game in fifteen months , if you go enjoy it even if it is in a pub over there and hope the boys do the business

Here’s my guess;

Portugal insist maximum of 2,000 allowed independent travel. They must arrive a clearing location 3 hours in advance of match, with a negative test result from previous 48 hours, and will have temperature check.

Other 4000 must travel in bubble by club arranged travel. I think Spikes packages will be part of this.

4000 issued based on points/scheme and at same time 2000 issued on points/scheme. Supporters choose which package to apply for.

This is just my guess
I'd rather eat my own earwax than go on a sterile bubble day trip, free or not.

yes i think uefa should be getting the shit , cant help there being a pandemic and portugal have to do what is safe for them , shame we get to the final this year but the trip will or should be fun however you get there , first game in fifteen months , if you go enjoy it even if it is in a pub over there and hope the boys do the business
Easy for you to say from your sofa.

I hope there is a solution for the fans travelling independently. For starters, If Spike’s were offering a one dayer (I can’t remember) those flights might come under the Club umbrella, for eligibility for match tickets.

it’s pretty clear that the Club were trying to get the Portuguese authorities to be more flexible but hit a brick wall (and time has run out for negotiations£
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the club's hands were tied to an extent and this magnificent gesture will have unintended consequences for some fans. I should be ok on 21,600 points but others who thought they were in with a good chance may see that chance disappear now. Due to Covid restrictions, maybe some of the neutral tickets won't get snapped up and may find their way back on sale at the stadium a day or so before to anyone who rocks up with their passport.

You can simultaneously believe that it's a great gesture whilst also completely understanding that thousands of fans that (baring in mind it's 11 days away) had already made their own plans.

What I won't accept is people telling the independent travelers that they have no right to moan. Of course they fucking do, they're being shafted. Shafted by kindness but still shafted.
Exactly. If I end up being shafted by not getting a ticket if I don't sack off the two day Spike trip I won't be blaming the club. It will be down to UEFA not making it clear to the club. If UEFA didn't know, then they should have had that agreement in place before they moved it there. I am certain that had the club known it was bubble only they would have told us straight away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.