Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

I have been so, so lucky with this.

Booked Istanbul - just had my final refund from Gotogate for the flight. Out of pocket about £100.

Booked Porto - looks like this will cost me my Ryanair flight £220.

All hotels booked with the free cancellation option - thank fuck.

Feel sorry for those not as fortunate, the club should have announced this once the final was moved to Porto. I still think they will have worked hard to get Portugal to change their mind about the "bubble" - but they wouldn't budge.

Club still manages to shoot own foot on occasions

I have been so, so lucky with this.

Booked Istanbul - just had my final refund from Gotogate for the flight. Out of pocket about £100.

Booked Porto - looks like this will cost me my Ryanair flight £220.

All hotels booked with the free cancellation option - thank fuck.

Feel sorry for those not as fortunate, the club should have announced this once the final was moved to Porto. I still think they will have worked hard to get Portugal to change their mind about the "bubble" - but they wouldn't budge.

Club still manages to shoot own foot on occasions
Ryanair will let you change the date and/or destination without any change fees

You can simultaneously believe that it's a great gesture whilst also completely understanding that thousands of fans that (baring in mind it's 11 days away) had already made their own plans.

What I won't accept is people telling the independent travelers that they have no right to moan. Of course they fucking do, they're being shafted. Shafted by kindness but still shafted.
I'm in the latter category.

It's gut wrenching.

They say it's the hope that kills you. Well, it's knocked the stuffing out of me.

I've effectively pissed £3k up the wall as there was a chance of a ticket. That chance has now clearly evaporated. I've not yet told my lad but he too will feel the same.

We missed out on the Everton ballot and now this. Some fans will get both.

I've nothing against those that benefit from this. Fair play and good luck. They've done their sentence, yet comitted no crime.

We will still travel to Porto. We will still get grief for the next 10 years that the owners had to "buy fans" to attend our inaugural final.

Onwards and upwards. Call me a moaner all you like.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the club's hands were tied to an extent and this magnificent gesture will have unintended consequences for some fans. I should be ok on 21,600 points but others who thought they were in with a good chance may see that chance disappear now. Due to Covid restrictions, maybe some of the neutral tickets won't get snapped up and may find their way back on sale at the stadium a day or so before to anyone who rocks up with their passport.
That's my hope too: those "neutral"/EUFA tickets whch go on sale next Tuesday will provide a chance. I've put feelers out with contacts too.

My mate has fucked this for us by forgetting that he wasn't on the CHampions League Scheme.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.