Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

yes i think uefa should be getting the shit , cant help there being a pandemic and portugal have to do what is safe for them , shame we get to the final this year but the trip will or should be fun however you get there , first game in fifteen months , if you go enjoy it even if it is in a pub over there and hope the boys do the business
They do and that is their right, but if Portugal is open to tourists then it should be open to football fans who are effectively tourists anyway. In fact, that is the case and Portugal aren't denying independent travellers the chance of enjoying the sights of Porto - they're limiting our chances of going to the match and have basically said we can go on the lash in their country for days, which makes all this talk of bubbles, etc, a bit pointless!

I have been so, so lucky with this.

Booked Istanbul - just had my final refund from Gotogate for the flight. Out of pocket about £100.

Booked Porto - looks like this will cost me my Ryanair flight £220.

All hotels booked with the free cancellation option - thank fuck.

Feel sorry for those not as fortunate, the club should have announced this once the final was moved to Porto. I still think they will have worked hard to get Portugal to change their mind about the "bubble" - but they wouldn't budge.

Club still manages to shoot own foot on occasions
Not arsed about flight accommodation I will stand that, just very sad/emotional/gutted we mean fuck all to the club anymore

Its a magnificent gesture but the club have really fucked up communicating these plans - they were getting hundreds of tweets and messages when it was first moved asking whether they could make an announcement about whether it was not advised to book independent travel, at which point Spike was on about 3 sold out planes I think. Obviously people will do what they like and book to go but most of us booked independent travel when it was announced there were 6000 tickets, which realistically most who go to regular away games would feel pretty sure of getting especially in the pandemic when many older fans might not consider going.

So its not really about points or who gets tickets or who has fair dibs, its about many of us who booked either just before or when prices were going astronomical, as we would do for any away game where fans are allowed, and now the potential is that there will be thousands of fans who essentially have travelled to a game that they won’t be allowed to go to, and yet all it would have taken was a sentence from the club to say ‘The advice from UEFA/Portuguese authorities is not to book travel as tickets are likely to be restricted to those on an official day trip’.

This would not have put everyone off, but it would have stopped the likely situation of 1000s of English without tickets in a city that will have much of police force focused on the game itself.

Also we forgetting Chelsea who presumably will not get a free trip so they will also have had fans booking travel before their tickets were announced (think they have loyalty system as well) so is it going to be one rule for them an another for us?

Ryanair will let you change the date and/or destination without any change fees
Not checked yet because I don't think there will be restrictions on independent travel, but I think you have to change 2 weeks before the flight. That was the case for Lisbon last year anyway.

Its a magnificent gesture but the club have really fucked up communicating these plans - they were getting hundreds of tweets and messages when it was first moved asking whether they could make an announcement about whether it was not advised to book independent travel, at which point Spike was on about 3 sold out planes I think. Obviously people will do what they like and book to go but most of us booked independent travel when it was announced there were 6000 tickets, which realistically most who go to regular away games would feel pretty sure of getting especially in the pandemic when many older fans might not consider going.

So its not really about points or who gets tickets or who has fair dibs, its about many of us who booked either just before or when prices were going astronomical, as we would do for any away game where fans are allowed, and now the potential is that there will be thousands of fans who essentially have travelled to a game that they won’t be allowed to go to, and yet all it would have taken was a sentence from the club to say ‘The advice from UEFA/Portuguese authorities is not to book travel as tickets are likely to be restricted to those on an official day trip’.

This would not have put everyone off, but it would have stopped the likely situation of 1000s of English without tickets in a city that will have much of police force focused on the game itself.

Also we forgetting Chelsea who presumably will not get a free trip so they will also have had fans booking travel before their tickets were announced (think they have loyalty system as well) so is it going to be one rule for them an another for us?
Top post

Just looking forward to a few days in Portugal myself. Never expected to get a ticket and tbh was never going to let that stop me from having a great time.
If the choice I had was doing it all in a day and getting a ticket or having 3 days on the piss in the sunshine but no ticket then I'd take option 2 everytime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.