Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Who is to blame? UEFA are the governing body of the European game. They didn't move the final from Istanbul when Turkey went into a national lockdown, and only did so when their hands were forced by two English clubs making the final and the predictable inclusion of Turkey on the red list by the government. They want to cash in on the final and they're not going to get that in an empty stadium in Istanbul.

UEFA then rejected Wembley as a host because they couldn't get Covid exemptions for two thousand of their delegates, "VIPs" and corporate hangers on. So the common sense solution for a final held in the country of the two finalists in a stadium with a 90k capacity, that's been holding successful test events with supporters for the past month, was thrown out.

They instead chose to move the final to Portugal, where their hangers on will get the exemptions they want, announced six thousand tickets to each club, and then news comes out later that evening that all the supporters who've been booking flights all day will only qualify for a ticket, and be able to attend the game, if they go through the kind of Covid bubble hoops UEFA rejected for all their staff in England at Wembley.

It's two weeks until the final and we still barely have a clue what the fuck is going on, thousands of City and Chelsea fans will have spent small fortunes making arrangements before the Portuguese government let the cat out of the bag, meaning we might all be out of pocket because UEFA didn't communicate any of this before publicly announcing the venue and the ticket allocations.

Tell me what you've looked into and the "stuff you know", which doesn't hold UEFA squarely responsible for this absolute shitshow? Not even taking the piss, I'm all ears. Because from my perspective they don't give a shit about the pandemic, the supporters, or even the integrity of the sport. They care about the commercial value of their competition, and fuck all else.
Nail.
On.
Fucking.
Head.

Who is to blame? UEFA are the governing body of the European game. They didn't move the final from Istanbul when Turkey went into a national lockdown, and only did so when their hands were forced by two English clubs making the final and the predictable inclusion of Turkey on the red list by the government. They want to cash in on the final and they're not going to get that in an empty stadium in Istanbul.

UEFA then rejected Wembley as a host because they couldn't get Covid exemptions for two thousand of their delegates, "VIPs" and corporate hangers on. So the common sense solution for a final held in the country of the two finalists in a stadium with a 90k capacity, that's been holding successful test events with supporters for the past month, was thrown out.

They instead chose to move the final to Portugal, where their hangers on will get the exemptions they want, announced six thousand tickets to each club, and then news comes out later that evening that all the supporters who've been booking flights all day will only qualify for a ticket, and be able to attend the game, if they go through the kind of Covid bubble hoops UEFA rejected for all their corporates in England at Wembley.

It's two weeks until the final and we still barely have a clue what the fuck is going on, thousands of City and Chelsea fans will have spent small fortunes making arrangements before the Portuguese government let the cat out of the bag, meaning we might all be out of pocket because UEFA didn't communicate any of this before publicly announcing the venue and the ticket allocations.

Tell me what you've looked into and the "stuff you know", which doesn't hold UEFA squarely responsible for this absolute shitshow? Not even taking the piss, I'm all ears. Because from my perspective they don't give a shit about the pandemic, the supporters, or even the integrity of the sport. They care about the commercial value of their competition, and fuck all else.
Great post 100% nailed it

how are they gonna marshal and control up to 12,000 fans into 2 seperate groups ?
it would be a nightmare
can porto airport deal.with 12,000 people flying in and returning later to fly out all.within 24 hours ?
it will be chaos

You would’ve thought this would’ve been communicated at the time of the official announcement today though or even earlier than that. I can’t believe for one minute that it hasn’t come up in the extensive discussions between UEFA and the Portuguese government over the last few days. The clubs can then be informed so they could communicate to fans that if it is to be held in Portugal then the only way of getting a ticket is to travel in a bubble on an official club trip. It’s utterly shambolic and for once I don’t even think UEFA are primarily to blame, but I do think there will be a resolution over the next few days that suits the independent travellers as well.
Last time we had some change like this was the Belgian authorities said we'd have to congregate at a motorway service station then be bussed in and out of Lokeren. The bar owners of Lokeren forced a change of mind - maybe the hoteliers and bar owners of Porto can do the same. But in a time of Covid (and new variants likely to spread in the UK) you can see their case for caution. Whether UEFA knew is another matter.

They instead chose to move the final to Portugal, where their hangers on will get the exemptions they want, announced six thousand tickets to each club, and then news comes out later that evening that all the supporters who've been booking flights all day will only qualify for a ticket, and be able to attend the game, if they go through the kind of Covid bubble hoops UEFA rejected for all their corporates in England at Wembley.

I think that sums it up.

City and Chelsea should stand with the fans and tell UEFA to fuck off and withdraw from the competition. We can play our own final in Birmingham and the whole world will know who are the rightful champions even if UEFA don’t recognise it.

Been mentioned already City and Chelsea fucked England’s top 4 up now let’s completely fuck uefa up and not turn up. I’ve not only been at a funeral of a blue today but had my lad sorting things out for me as a way to repay me and thanking me for making him a blue, me and Al Chap owe him £800 now it’s all a joke. Tell you what bring the break away on fuck U EFA l ESL all the way for me. RIP Dave fuck em

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.