Champions League Final | Useful Information

Sorry this may have already been covered, but where did you find the travel pass in the app? I have the ticket app and the champions league app. Do you have to download the Europa app for the travel?
Click more in the champions league app, then Event Companion and its in there, you can add it to your wallet.

Pound flying against the Lira

28.5 - looking at 30 by end of the week.

Kebabs getting cheaper by the minute.
I was going to get some on my Wise card but was put off by stories of transaction fees in the region of 7% when withdrawing from most ATMs over there so ended up ordering some to be picked up from Tesco today at less than 24 Euro to the pound. Wish I'd hung on now seeing how much it's changed in the past day or so!

Anyone else use EE for their phone? I just called them and they said roaming is £2.29 a day but using your data in Turkey costs £7.89 per half a megabyte! That’s fucking extortionate
Yeah I'm going to get a Turkish eSim for the data instead - EE are great here, but seem to take the piss when it comes to data abroad.

Anyone else use EE for their phone? I just called them and they said roaming is £2.29 a day but using your data in Turkey costs £7.89 per half a megabyte! That’s fucking extortionate
Not quite. It's £2.29 per min to make or receive a phonecall. 76p to send a text (free to receive) and 83p to send an MMS (a picture or a text with emoticons).

The £7.89 is for a 24hr TRAVEL DATA pass (midnight to midnight UK time) that gives 500MB of data, which is enough for casually browsing the internet but forget any streaming of videos. You then also might need a 24hr WORLD SELECT TALK AND TEXT pass (also midnight to midnight UK time) for £7.89, so only worth it if you intend to send more than 10 texts (MMS are still not included) or talk for more than 3 minutes.

There’s a street full of bars just off Taksim. If you walk down what looks like a shopping street then take a right. A good starting point is the U2 irish bar. It’s about as big as a phone box. But it’s a reference point and 2 minutes from loads of bars and ‘shows’. The chap in there is great, he’ll point you in the right direction..

Galatport is like a Spinningfields right on the water, bars, restaurants, posh kebabs, cafes.

There’s a mega sky bar on the roof of the swissotel near galataport. great views of the City and water. That hotel also has two live music venues. A Bosporus cruise is worth a few hours. Can have a good booze on one of them. But traditional european nightlife takes a bit if finding..
I went on the Bosphorus boat cruise last night, £35 for 3 hours, you get a 2 course meal & unlimited alcoholic drinks, entertainment on board & amazing night views of Istanbul & the bridge, that Galaport looks nice round there, gonna have another ganders but from what I can gather in my 24 hours here, Nevezda is the place to be, pints range from £2 to £4 in the more expensive bars, food is cheap, big evening meal, meze mix kebab thing about £9 in a restaurant, breakfasts around £6, overall, it’s cheap I think.

Anyone know of a decent bar to watch the west ham game tomorrow night? We are based in uskudar but are hoping to get a grip of the metro pretty quickly, and can always get an Uber if we miss the last one home
Edinburgh bar in Nevezda has it, that’s where I’m watching it, they’ve got all there City flags up, fella who runs it is a nice guy called Emre

I went on the Bosphorus boat cruise last night, £35 for 3 hours, you get a 2 course meal & unlimited alcoholic drinks, entertainment on board & amazing night views of Istanbul & the bridge, that Galaport looks nice round there, gonna have another ganders but from what I can gather in my 24 hours here, Nevezda is the place to be, pints range from £2 to £4 in the more expensive bars, food is cheap, big evening meal, meze mix kebab thing about £9 in a restaurant, breakfasts around £6, overall, it’s cheap I think.
Which company did you book the boat cruise through, and would you recommend it?

Tempted to do one of these myself but there were loads of different companies offering trips when I checked. Thanks!

I’d get one of these E-sim things that are mentioned but where do you get them from? Plus my existing SIM card would be just one more thing for me to lose if I have to take that out!! I’m on EE BUT have read that you just need to text them on 150 with TRAVEL to set up roaming? £7.89 per day I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.