Champions League Games 12/13 April '22

As much as i dislike Chelski, and even Chelsea, I'd rather City play them than Real Madrid in the semi-final. Easier game by some distance.

That’s my point mate!! It’s a bizarre that it’s named something it isn’t. Winning a cup like Europa not winning their domestics league is it??
Chelsea and ourselves were in the final last year and weren't league champions.
I'd have accepted it gladly.

This competition is pretty amazing. A shame a few around here don’t get excited about it. Hopefully that changes when we win it
Not for me.

A competition frequently won by teams who are not competing for their domestic title as they are so far off the pace.

Added to the fact you can win the trophy without ever winning a game in 90 minutes, or even lose 4 matches on the way to winning it, or the nonsensical seeding of teams, or the country separation before the quarters.

It's bollocks.

Fair play to Villareal they keep on going. Do they play at Anfield first or second leg? Obviously assuming Liverpool get through...they had to ride a lot of pressure in the first leg against Benfica but 3-1 up I would expect them to make it through.

Easy on paper but Bayern and Juve have gone out so their fight and organisation might be what does for the dippers. We struggle to break teams down, playing Real (if we get through) will be easier than Atleti because they'll attack us.

Us and Liverpool are both at home first.

Just out of interest, what is the rationale for drawing the quarter and semi finals in advance ? It strikes me that it's hard to have "one of those magical European nights under the lights" if the second leg is away from home. So you get disadvantaged twice on one draw.
I imagine the logistics of an additional draw with only 4 teams remaining is considered unnecessary. As far as I recall it's been like this for many years, if not always.

Liverpools path to the champions league final
Colwyn bay strollers
Wilmslow Albion
Marine
Benfica
Villarreal

Ffs my whole point is that they aren’t proper champions I know most teams I. The bloody thing aren’t! The Europa league is a shitter cup than this!
Yes, that's true. But the carrot at the end of the stick is qualification for the CL, if you win it. Fwiw, I agree with you. It should only be league champions in the competition. But we all know it's never going to go back to that format. Money talks. So, in that regard, Villareal have a bit more credit in the bank for winning something to get there. All utd and Liverpool did was finish in the top 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.