Champions League Games 12/13 April '22

Just out of interest, what is the rationale for drawing the quarter and semi finals in advance ? It strikes me that it's hard to have "one of those magical European nights under the lights" if the second leg is away from home. So you get disadvantaged twice on one draw.
No, both quarters and semis were drawn separately for who is home and away. It’s fair.

I'm glad Real Madrid won as I'd definitely prefer to play them if we get through tomorrow. I find playing English sides in the Champions League really boring, not to mention the fact that we don't usually do too well against them. Need to do our job tomorrow now.

As much as i dislike Chelski, and even Chelsea, I'd rather City play them than Real Madrid in the semi-final. Easier game by some distance.

Noo! This Real Madrid side are not that good and a great match up for us.

We're better than Chelsea but this Chelsea side would have caused us problems. Yes we've beat them twice this season but only 1-0 and that can easily go wrong in Europe.

You think Chelsea would be an easier game than Madrid? Madrid look bang average and limit benzema and they have nothing.
Yeah City are far better suited to playing a team like Real Madrid that won't be able to come up with a super-sophisticated counter like Chelsea could.

They'll go toe-to-toe and unless for individual brilliance it's City's bread and butter.

Yes, that's true. But the carrot at the end of the stick is qualification for the CL, if you win it. Fwiw, I agree with you. It should only be league champions in the competition. But we all know it's never going to go back to that format. Money talks. So, in that regard, Villareal have a bit more credit in the bank for winning something to get there. All utd and Liverpool did was finish in the top 4.
That’s why it’s all the more infuriating when folk bang on about it’s prestige etc for me. Twats like Jordan or Sutton etc. past winners show it can be won by a team with an easy draw who got on away goals to the final. I get the need to win it for the owners but being domestic champs means more to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.