Champions League Group Stage

We have been screwed in the cl draw again, but it is what it is. The best thing we can do is give it our best shot in Europe and win the epl. That way uefa can't rig one of the big three in our group and/or another of the big three in the first knockout round. This never happened to the old top 4 and yet it happened for 6 consecutive years to us - AGENDA!!

2B4EE94100000578-3204170-image-m-19_1440029759168.jpg
I bet Brenda is grinding his porcelain nashers at that draw. Basically as bad as Celtic could have hoped for.

Not that I am a conspiracy theorist but for argument's sake:

1. There's no reason to whirl the balls each time he picks one. If anything, the randomisation principle would imply, with that small a set, doing so a few times would just return them mostly to their original position, defeating the purpose of doing it in the first place.

2. He indeed only picks the team but, because of the various restrictions they have implemented in groupings, the order of the picks matters to the final outcome. It would require some per mutational math but there is a conceivably a way to "stack the deck" so certain teams are much more likely to play certain other teams in the group stage (beyond the restrictions they've already implemented).

I'm not saying he picked it up, realised it was the wrong ball, and then out it down again because it is fixed. I am just saying it is not outside he realm of possibility.

Yeah I think the whirling is just for the cameras.

Would be more dodgy if they had rain man up there picking the teams out but most ex footballers don't strike me as being capable of following a complicated system.

And if it were fixed then everyone in football would be aware of it. Like Henry wouldn't tell anyone at Arsenal or even sky sports , R.Carlos to Madrid etc??

The arrogance of some people here is ... You do realize Pep couldn't win one of his last four games against Gladbach with Bayern? He got 2 points out of those four games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.