Championship Thread - 2023/24

West Brom decided to belatedly pull their fingers out of their arses. 1 down at HT at Huddersfield, and deservedly so, they've come out and scored 3 in the opening 21 minutes of the second half (actually, 3 in 15 playing minutes). I'd imagine our resident owl won't be too unhappy, given it keeps Huddersfield in the mix at the wrong end.

*edit* 4-1 now.

Keeps them close, although they are at Rotherham next, and they look like they've downed tools

Welsh Derby on Sky atm. Cardiff v Swansea. Wilson-Esbrand at left back for the former.
I'm watching it instead of the cup game. It's pretty grim, to be honest. Fuck all quality on show. It'd remind me of an old firm game; lots of niggly fouls, and players giving it the big 'un to their fans. I can’t see the likes of Leicester, Ipswich, Saints and L***s shitting themselves while watching this.

Bad day at the office yesterday, bottom line is the manager got it wrong. Against Leeds we went 3-5-2/5-3-2 but yesterday he went with a back 4 and 4 attacking minded forwards and tried to go toe-to-toe with Ipswich. As the scoreline shows it didn't end well.

He's a young manager in his first role so he'll learn from that, on a plus point the results with other teams went for us with Plymouth, Stoke, Birmingham all losing and Huddersfield/Blackburn drawing.

2 week break now to recover (we also picked up a couple of injuries yesterday that could have an impact on the run in) and then 8 cup finals.

I think Leeds have the most potential of any Champ team should they go up... They should have beaten a full strength Chelsea at Stamford Bridge the other day. Gnonto just scored a screamer.

They have..

Gray (18)
Gnonto (20)
Summerville (22)
Rutter (21)
Ampadu (23)
Gruev (23)
Struijk (24)
Meslier (24)
Piroe (24)

If they hit the ground running, they could be top 10 next year in Prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.