Champs League Draw

Matty said:
johnmc said:
Matty said:
And Arsenal have earned that right by consistently being the 4th best side in England and rarely getting beyond the round of 16 in Europe despite getting piss easy groups?

So you have an issue with the co-effcient system then really?

Amongst other things, yes.

Well thats the way it is and we are fully aware of that. As someone else mentioned the draw isnt really that random. Its 30% so. So if pretty much the same teams are qualifying year after year and are in the same pots year after year there is a chance you will get repeat fixtures quite often. I despair at anyone who thinks its a fix when there are always tough draws for teams year after year and if it was a fix then the likes of Bayern would have avoided us. Do people think Uefa pair us with Bayern because they are certain that Bayern will beat us or something?

jrb said:
I'm sure the Roma fans are just as concerned about us and Bayern. They won't be happy either.

its got nothing to with the football, we'll piss all over them. its the fact they stab people as the police look away.

cunts.

RyanP3609 said:
IrelandSuperman said:
Just get rid of all TV pairings and allow teams from the same country to play each other in the group stages and this'll be an actual random draw for once, eh?

There should be no pots at all, it should be totally random, all teams can play each other, if it ends up a team of us, Chelski, Arse and Liverpool, then so be it. Only then can it be deemed totally random.

The fact the same teams are getting drawn against each other (us and Bayern/CSKA, Chelski with Schalke) should tell everyone that something isn't right as it shouldn't happen as often as it does.

As someone said here, if we qualify we'll no doubt get Real/Barca in the last 16 anyways as per.

I've got confidence we can qualify still, 2nd as Bayern are untouchable in this competition (as in ref's protect them, not there that good). We should beat CSKA (I know it's not a given) so it's effectively Roma we need to beat to qualify (in my opinion).

Either this or make sure that league champions cannot be in the same group.

2 points off München
4 points off Roma
6 points off Moscow

12 points, top or second in the group!

jimmygrimblesboots said:
IrelandSuperman said:
Pell said:
we beat them away
When they were 95% certain to top the group and 100% certain to qualify. The game meant nothing to them.

so it wasnt bayern munich taking the ball into the corner flag for the last 5 minutes of the game , absolutely shitting themselves , because one more goal would have meant they play Barca in the next round, yeah right.
I meant they were 95% certain to top the group before the game - no one expected us to score that many and that fact was reflected in their team selection.

Marvin said:
adrianr said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
So the champions of England get the most difficult group out of the four representatives?

Coupled with the farthest distance to travel in Europe?

Those saying stop moaning.

It's the direct impact the competitive nature of these games will have upon our Premier League fixtures.

Chelsea can literally afford to put the reserves out before they play us.

I'm amazed how few people are getting this. I want to win the league again. I certainly don't want to see Mourinho and his smug fucking face lifting the trophy as he's just pissed through the easiest CL group known to man.
We knew we'd be likely to get a tough draw because we weren't in Pot 1.
There's Pot One and there's Pot One. Chelsea have an easy Pot One and Bayern don't. Best just beat what is in front of us rather than think of what it could have been. Besides, if we have ambitions to win this competition, its probably a good thing to face these teams in group stages where setbacks can be repaired whereas there is no escape from defeat in the knockout stages.

How come when we get pulled out the bloke says we can only go into Bayern Munichs group? If that isn't a rigged draw I don't know what is?

Matty said:
cibaman said:
Matty said:
Rubbish draw.

Even if you ignore the fact that, yet again, we "somehow" manage to get the only tough side in the "easy" pot, it's still a shit draw. We had both Bayern and CSKA in our group last season, and this is the 3rd time we've had Bayern in just 4 seasons. It's getting a bit tedious now, I'd quite like one of the many, many other options out there if that's ok.

Getting the hardest side in pot 4 once is unfortunate, getting them twice is iffy, getting them 3 times in 4 years, after UEFA have already demonstrated their distain for our club with their borderline corrupt punishment, smells pretty putrid.

What have they got against Bayern?

The fact that there are many other options but we keep getting them, year after year. It's nothing against Bayern specifically, it's just after 4 games against them in the last 3 years I'm not exactly excited about another 2 this year again.
My point isn't 'what have you got against Bayern'.
If there's something iffy why would they make it to Bayern's disadvantage as well. They once again get a tricky group again. I'm sure that they would rather not have us for another year.
My main frustration is that it's getting a bit uninspiring getting the same teams as you allude to yourself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.