Champs League Draw

Tanzeylee said:
shemnel said:
i think it's time a lot of us grew a pair and said 'bring it on'

give us the hardest group, i seriously think we should top any group that the draw can throw at us. 7 points at home and 6 away, good stuff.

Always thought this, when we was shit and dreamed of City in the CL I wanted us to play barca, real and all the "big boys", I never once thought "you know it would be cool to play that shit team from Bulgaria"...

Im the opposite, I want the shit team from Bulgaria because it will be a much better trip than the one to Barcelona in March. Look at pot1, crap trips. Just my opinion though and I understand im in a minority.

ell said:
Tanzeylee said:
shemnel said:

give us the hardest group, i seriously think we should top any group that the draw can throw at us. 7 points at home and 6 away, good stuff.

Always thought this, when we was shit and dreamed of City in the CL I wanted us to play barca, real and all the "big boys", I never once thought "you know it would be cool to play that shit team from Bulgaria"...

Im the opposite, I want the shit team from Bulgaria because it will be a much better trip than the one to Barcelona in March. Look at pot1, crap trips. Just my opinion though and I understand im in a minority.

Well not really if you want your group stage based on good days/nights out, it's a top plan, and I'm all for it...

ell said:
Tanzeylee said:
shemnel said:

now, planning a group based on nights out and trips is a whole different ball game (crap pun intended) to just praying for a group full of 'easy' teams just to qualify. I was highlighting this issue. we play and beat the best. there we are. As for nights out, that's called being practical ;)

Does anybody have ANY idea what the TV pairings are for countries with 2+ teams in the draw?
The combinations at a stroke reduce the set of clubs City can draw by nearly a half.

]http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/draws/round=2000548/index.html
Where two sides from the same association qualify, they are paired to split their matches between Tuesday and Wednesday, so one club will always play at home on one day and the other will play away on the other day. In the case of associations with three representatives, only two teams are paired in terms of their fixtures; in the case of associations with four representatives, two pairings are made based on the TV audience.

It will be interesting to know what the TV parings are decided by the European broadcasters (Sky/ITV for English teams) - as it radically RESTRICTS the groups we can be placed in and therefore the teams we can draw. Last season we were paired with Arsenal with Chelsea and Utd paired.

I suspect we will be paired with Arsenal again, with Chelsea and Liverpool also paired.

If so, then when Arsenal are assigned to a RED/BLUE group then we can only be drawn in a group of the other colour (BLUE/RED). In this case then as soon as Arsenal are assigned to a group then half the groups in the draw are excluded to us.

The only way we can have an unrestricted draw is if the TV companies pair us with Liverpool when the restriction doesn't apply (assuming we are assigned to a group before Liverpool).

ell said:
Tanzeylee said:
shemnel said:

This! I'd rather go to an unknown, somewhere we've not been before, fuck Madrid and Barca, Plzen was a cracking trip last year, miles better than Barca.

From a trip point of view -

Pot 1 - somewhere different. Been to Munich, Real, Barca & Porto.
Athletico & Benfica, whilst in cities that we've already played in are at least new teams.
All are fantastic trips though - easy to get to as well.

Pot 3 - Would love Bilbao. We've played CSKA, Ajax & Sporting in recent years. Galatasaray & Olympiacos would also be great, but flights expensive in the early games.
Leverkusen - you cant go wrong with a German trip either.

Pot 4 - I'll go for BATE or Razgrad. Games played in Minsk & Sofia. Want to avoid Malmo - £5 a pint!! Also Roma as italian fans can be iffy. APOEL expensive in the early rounds. Anderlecht, Maribor & Monaco all appealing.

Draw is at 4.45, but the match schedule wont be confirmed until about 7.00pm

Don't really care who's in the group as I feel we can get out of any that we're put in! The only team I really want in our group is Monaco as I've been living in Nice the last 18 months and it means I can get to the game! If any City supporters are based on the French Riviera, give me a shout! Always seem to be the lone City fan in the pubs over here, like always there's far too many Rags!!!

BlueAnorak said:
Does anybody have ANY idea what the TV pairings are for countries with 2+ teams in the draw?
The combinations at a stroke reduce the set of clubs City can draw by nearly a half.

I suspect we will be paired with Arsenal again, with Chelsea and Liverpool also paired.
Sure they'll have to pair Chelsea with Liverpool to stop all those nasty Chelsea NF supporters turning up to pool games!

aguero93:20 said:
BlueAnorak said:

Sure they'll have to pair Chelsea with Liverpool to stop all those nasty Chelsea NF supporters turning up to pool games!

Doesn't work like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.