changes to the CL seedings, AC want wildcards

Re: ESPN FC on Twitter: "BREAKING: UEFA confirm #ChampionsLe

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
gazzaa2 said:
Chippy_boy said:
No, because if we win the league this year and are then in Pot1, we can have a right good crack at the CL.

Could still draw the likes of Dortmund, Atletico, Real Madrid and Roma (if they don't win their leagues)

It's possible but less likely. I'm with Chippy boy on this one. The PL has to be the priority this season.
Next year with the new BT deal the CL will be much more lucrative and maybe that's when we can finally
go deep into this competition. It makes sense for the club to take this approach especially since we have
made a poor start to this season's CL.
Don't agree with this. Its very possible we make a poor start to CL again next season. Its not over till its over, would be stupid just to throw this CL campaign away and end up in Europa League.

And whats the size of television deal has to do with our chances in CL?

Whilst I'm sure Chelsea will continue to get groups of backwaterteam and neverheardofthem FC, I'm sure this will make for some much more interesting games earlier in the competition.

All the more reason to focus on winning the league rather than scraping top 4 too which can only be a good thing for domestic competition.

anyone know how the other three pots will get decided?

Armaan said:
anyone know how the other three pots will get decided?
champions of the selected league pot 1
and then I don't know,thought I knew when I started typing this reply but not so sure about the rest,hahaha sorry(brain fart)me not you :)

BoundedCascade said:
The Ledge said:
That one bit of news has somewhat changed my perception of the CL. Amazing what a difference this could make for City should we win the league.

What agenda?

;-)

This is going to make a big difference and make some really interesting groups again. Although it does guarantee one of Barca, Real will be in pot two. Could make some hard groups and we will still probably get shafted somehow.

This is the only given from Uefa. They will still find some method of MCFC getting into another group that will contain three teams, either current champion or holder and three former champions. Were I a betting man I would put us down for the holders of the competition, Real or Barca and CSKA (if they haven't been kicked out by then!)

Is this not worse for City if we don't win the league won't we be in pot 3 or pot 4 because of the seeding system?

Wardie said:
Is this not worse for City if we don't win the league won't we be in pot 3 or pot 4 because of the seeding system?

The ray of light re next season is that we should be stronger. If we end up in Pot 2 or 3, not even the teams in Pot 1 would think they had an easy ride.

Wardie said:

Quite possibly, doesn't change an awful lot. I would have been pleasantly surprised had it been changed prior to the last draw and whilst we were the official champions.

City Raider said:
i think our chances of a tough draw remain pretty high, the difference is the elite's does to

This. Could still get a very tough group even if in pot1 but at least now everyone else have a chance of a tough group ie pot 1 2 and 3 from spain will have Barcelona,Real and and Athletico

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.