Charging kids board

I dont think it's just about the actual monetary value though it's also about appreciating and understanding what they have at the time and preparing them for the big wide world when they fledge.....Nobody likes a moocher ;)
Exactly - how can they have an appreciation of money or life experience, unless they have an appreciation of money and life experience..................

Last edited:
So how much should you and do you charge them for the privilege . Stepson is an apprentice electrician and since he started work me and Mrs Pabs have charged him £60 p/m after new year he got a substantial rise, with this in mind his rent has now gone upto £200 p/m . We told him the good news tonight and he’s took it like there’s been a death in the family. For this he gets a nice comfy bed , hot meal served nightly, washing and ironing , internet ( his bedroom looks like showcase cinema ) , packed lunches and numerous other sundries plus he does jack shit round the house, are we being unreasonable to what we charge him
The £200 pcm is probably not even paying his food bill. You are being more than fair.

I've not got to that point yet...my eldest is at uni and moved out...son doing A Levels....and I moved out as I started working....but I remember my mum taking a third of my brother's wages for his "keep"....
My lad is 8 and doesn’t even get pocket money.

I’ve asked him what pocket money is and what it’s for....he doesn’t seem to know so I don’t see why he should get any.

I suddenly feel like other people are eating a lot more food than me!
Maybe. There are 3 of us and we spend about 100 quid a week which includes work/school lunches. Not sure if that’s a lot or not but it usually includes a couple of bottles of wine and we don’t waste anything

I think this is the best idea if you can afford it. I've only just stopped paying my son, who is back home after uni, the money we gave him whilst he was there! But I plan to put it in an investment account now and hopefully it'll help him later in life.

I don't charge my son anything and don't have any intention of doing. I might change my mind if he's still here when he's 30 though.

He shares his Netflix password with me so I reckon I'm on a winner really.
haha I paid Netflix n gave my dad password.he paid it this year n he said up in price think you need pay it from now on. have no problem doing it. he's helped me out many tight spot.....

bump
daughter was renting a flat with boyfreind,they were not getting anywhere paying rent out every month, so me and the mrs agreed to let them live here at the house while they save up for a deposit on there own place,,both in very good jobs,they will be buying there own food etc, whats fair for chipping in,the figure of £250 p/m is floating about,does that seem about right

bump
daughter was renting a flat with boyfreind,they were not getting anywhere paying rent out every month, so me and the mrs agreed to let them live here at the house while they save up for a deposit on there own place,,both in very good jobs,they will be buying there own food etc, whats fair for chipping in,the figure of £250 p/m is floating about,does that seem about right
Thats more than very fair marco.Our 30 year old son lives with us and he pays us £300 pm.Still can`t get rid of him even though he`s had girlfriends but enjoys his freedom,ale and footie more. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.