Chelsea 2017/2018

Think there is s bit of brinkmanship going on. Uk trying to pit pressure on Putin and his cronies with Abramovich being one of those. Depends how far the UK gov goes if it wants to expel all the oligarchs associated with Putin then they won't renew their visas and they will all bugger off the places like Monaco. Abramovich will surely just sell up then to a Chinese or Arab investor or such like. No big loss for Chelsea really. He's built the club up the last 12 years.

Think there is s bit of brinkmanship going on. Uk trying to pit pressure on Putin and his cronies with Abramovich being one of those. Depends how far the UK gov goes if it wants to expel all the oligarchs associated with Putin then they won't renew their visas and they will all bugger off the places like Monaco. Abramovich will surely just sell up then to a Chinese or Arab investor or such like. No big loss for Chelsea really. He's built the club up the last 12 years.
The stadium loss is a massive blow to Chelsea. Hugely problematic to redevelop CFC and going forward 41k in not big enough. Who will ever finance their new ground?

it wouldn't come as shock now if Abramovic sells CFC

The stadium loss is a massive blow to Chelsea. Hugely problematic to redevelop CFC and going forward 41k in not big enough. Who will ever finance their new ground?

But attendance revenues are a small part of a stadiums income compared to overall revenue including sponsorships and TV money. Having a smaller ground hasn't really hindered them up until now as they have been the most successful English Club since Abramovich took over.

All that said, I agree with you in that if he doesnt get a UK visa he is likley to sell. Just depends how much the UK government want to go after the gangster Putin and his cronies.

It's probably just a but of brinkmanship from Abramovich seeing his arse over the visa, and showing he can financially fuck about over here still, after all how many local or uk business will lose out not geting the job supplying and building the stadia.

It never made sense anyway. £1 billion for an extra 19,000 seats. Why would anyone ever do that? He's rich not stupid.

Never ever underestimate the role that our ground and surrounding land played in attracting Abu Dhabi.

It never made sense anyway. £1 billion for an extra 19,000 seats. Why would anyone ever do that? He's rich not stupid.

Never ever underestimate the role that our ground and surrounding land played in attracting Abu Dhabi.
Ultimately you need a stage to sell the club. Real Madrid have the Bernabei, barcelona the Nou Camp etc etc. Their small ground will hamper them when 3 London clubs have 20,000 more seats. They can never claim to be London's top club on gates of 40,000

It's not clear at the moment what's going on at CFC.

I am beginning to think that Abramovic has taken a back-seat role for some time at CFC. Their management last season was an absolute farce. The chelsea game at City looked like it was deliberately thrown by Chelsea. You remember they were losing all game and playing Hazard as a withdrawn striker, and then in injury time with the game lost, Conte puts a centre-forward on. Only he knows what he was doing that day. And he is still in charge if Chelsea.

The rest of the Premier League is preparing for the new season. They are negotiating for a new manager, and they've let the release clause lapse on the manager they were after.

Now it maybe that this is just impressions, but I am beginning to think that Abramovic has put his lieutenants in charge of the club to try and protect its value, and he'll be selling the club and moving on to something else. I am not sure at the moment

I know if I was Hazard and Courtois etc I'd be instructing my agent to get me out of there asap.

"See" said my neighbour, "He'll get bored and bugger off". My, how I laughed.
Chelsea £1bn debt (soon to be £2bn).
Manchester City debt £0

"See" said my neighbour, "He'll get bored and bugger off". My, how I laughed.
Chelsea £1bn debt (soon to be £2bn).
Manchester City debt £0
Which is why it's important to be sustainable. If you can't sustain your own income, how in the current regulatory framework do MCFC compete with Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool? 3-4 years on and City stumble out of the top 4, we'll have a problem on our hands.

This should be a reminder that it is important to keep growing the club, and the next step, the North Stand extension is now overdue.

CFC maybe be about to fire Conte and appoint Sarri and start moving on new players, but for the moment it's worth considering that Abramovic maybe moving out of english football, and with Chelsea 5th, it could be a landmark moment in english football. It's terrible for CFC because not only are they 5th and effectively without a coach, they have their best players like Hazard and Courtois considering moves. If this drifts on, you can call time on the Chelsea era which is a huge change in the landscape of Premier League football

He's lost interest in Chelsea, exactly what fans around the country desperately hope our owners do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.