Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Yes it was ,but in a weird and unusual way. Everything about us lacked the usual control. Even at 4 3 normally we'd see the game out keep the ball in their half. Just a freakish game all round.
They put another winger on and switched sides. Sterling switched flanks and Gvaridol(SP) got no help. We should have had a back four in place before that happened.

I felt for Doku. Chelsea targeted him during the first by having Palmer & James double up on him, with Disasi moving across as a deep lying blocker.

Doku's good. Doku's dangerous. But even prime Messi wasn't getting past those three, especially as Gvardiol seemed to lose confidence after being skinned a couple of times & gifting Chelsea a goal, because he couldn't sort his clown feet out.

I knew Palmer would physically put himself about in a way he wasn't able to in a City shirt. This tactic by Chelsea nullified Doku because as soon as Bernardo moved across to help him, it left a gaping hole in the midfield with only Rodri & Akanji playing the hybrid role to deal with Chelsea's midfield three.

We were just out-thought, but made good adjustments in the second half. However, there's nothing you can do about unforced errors & shite defending.

It's not the draw that gets me, it's scoring 4 away & still being held. As a neutral I'd have loved it. As a City fan, I'd have felt better with a 0-0 & knowing our defence held firm.
Bang on Dribble

Fantastic game of football draw the right result
On looking at the game every Chelsea player was 8 or 9 out of ten on the day
Some city players 6 or 7 Chelsea needed every player to be on it they were but still only got a draw
Had city players been a bit better we'd win comfortable on the day
Chelsea players wouldn't be at that level together again on a constant basis
Don't underestimate city result another day 5-2 city win

Having watched the game again and my thoughts on Pep's setup in the first half, it got me thinking.

Why have the club and Pep not addressed the left-back/wing-back role and signed somebody who plays in that role?
It's the missing piece from completing this jigsaw, Yes we have players who are very good in that role, but yesterday we were crying out for a left-back who is like Walker on the right,

Note to the City Board, Phillips wants game time, so sell and bring in a left-back

Fantastic game of football draw the right result
On looking at the game every Chelsea player was 8 or 9 out of ten on the day
Some city players 6 or 7 Chelsea needed every player to be on it they were but still only got a draw
Had city players been a bit better we'd win comfortable on the day
Chelsea players wouldn't be at that level together again on a constant basis
Don't underestimate city result another day 5-2 city win
Let’s not forget that this Chelsea side lost 2-0 at home to Brentford two weeks earlier. I thought whilst an entertaining match, we were poor by our standards and some of our players at the back were less than a 6. It wasn’t a great result given we had the lead 3 times. I agree Chelsea played pretty well but we did have an off day at the back.

Let’s not forget that this Chelsea side lost 2-0 at home to Brentford two weeks earlier. I thought whilst an entertaining match, we were poor by our standards and some of our players at the back were less than a 6. It wasn’t a great result given we had the lead 3 times. I agree Chelsea played pretty well but we did have an off day at the back.
We lost to Brentford last year so no pointers there.

Imagine accusing Palmer of having a poor mentality when he’s playing at the highest elite level at the age of 21 having just been bought for 45 million pounds. If he had a poor mentality he wouldn’t have made it anywhere near city’s first team in the first place given the competition in the academy. To then ask to leave due to lack of minutes shows an insane self belief/mentality at such a young age. Possibly the dumbest shit I’ve ever read on here that @Dax777
My apologies. I meant poor footballing mentality. As in a poor tactical brain. I am a fan of his self belief and support players backing themselves. That confidence is his best quality.

As I've said many times,, I don't think young players should stay at City picking up 10 minutes at the end of games. Better you go to a mid table team and make yourself worthy of being paid top dollar to bring back by the big club when you show your class at the midtable team. So in that respect, i love what he did. And he want to another top club for that matter.

But as a footballer, I find his decision making to be generally average to poor. That's what I was trying vto express. I should have said poor tactical football brain.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.