Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Obviously fell out with Pep and wanted to stick it to us. But us winning the CL without him after all those years of trying must be absolutely gutting for him
I had a feeling of foreboding about this game, more than the derby & the game against Arsenal.

I just knew both Sterling & Palmer would spill blood to prove a point. If Sterling's form had been like yesterday's performance, he'd still he at City.

When did you ever see new born giraffe Palmer, tracking back & getting mud on his shorts in the process for City? He attacked & shadowed Doku when out of possession & put in the physical effort he never did in a City shirt.

Palmer had several chances to prove himself with us last season, but put in several powder puff performances over his 26 appearances (14 starts), so fuck him!

don’t know what it is but I’m more gutted over yesterday’s result than the defeats to wolves and arsenal
Cuz at Wolves they earned it. Even with a bit of help from the red. And Arsenal were at least just as good. Yesterday sucked cuz we were bad and Chelsea wasn't as good.

And worst of all we had a lead very late in the game. Granted it wasn't that late considering the number of extra minutes these days. :)

Why the hell are the city media team acting like we've just beat united 6-1 at the crumbling swamp? We drew away to 10th place after letting a lead slip 3 times, that's not something to be celebrating.

Why the hell are the city media team acting like we've just beat united 6-1 at the crumbling swamp? We drew away to 10th place after letting a lead slip 3 times, that's not something to be celebrating.

Calm down. Chelsea are a billion pound team and Stamford Bridge is always a tough place to go to. By the end of the season it’ll be viewed as a good point

Strange thread this I've liked a million posts from both sides of the argument. Shows you what a crazy game that was. Great entertainment, I was on the edge the whole game.

Our determination and fighting spirit not to lose in a frantic game is though.

My apologies. I meant poor footballing mentality. As in a poor tactical brain. I am a fan of his self belief and support players backing themselves. That confidence is his best quality.

As I've said many times,, I don't think young players should stay at City picking up 10 minutes at the end of games. Better you go to a mid table team and make yourself worthy of being paid top dollar to bring back by the big club when you show your class at the midtable team. So in that respect, i love what he did. And he want to another top club for that matter.

But as a footballer, I find his decision making to be generally average to poor. That's what I was trying vto express. I should have said poor tactical football brain.
Not many 21's can perform like that consistently for a big club and not be tactically good. I think it shocked a lot of us how well he played yesterday. He wasn't given that freedom to express himself under Pep so thats probably why you say that.

Not many 21's can perform like that consistently for a big club and not be tactically good. I think it shocked a lot of us how well he played yesterday. He wasn't given that freedom to express himself under Pep so thats probably why you say that.
lol shocked ? what did he do specifically to shock you ?
He is a mediocre player like many in our academy conveyor belt. It never ends well when you believe your own hype and ride on high with few tv talking heads blowing him every time.
Downfall can be harsh when he comes to his senses and reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.