Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Aside from 2-3 errant passes, one leading to a clear Chelsea scoring chance, Jack did well.

He knows he's got to improve his assists & goals scored, but where no one in the Premier League can touch him is with assisting the assister. In this regard, Grealish has been in a league of his own over the last 3 seasons.

This & his ability to hold onto the ball & keep possession are also top notch. I just wish that Pep would consider moving Jack inside. We really could've done with his industry & ball control in the middle yesterday.

This would've allowed Doku to stay on & have a go at the kid who replaced James.
i think doku wouldve stayed on if not booked but we all know what tony's like if get chance off you go

I wouldn’t say defensively poor. Saw him getting back and shutting Doku down on numerous occasions. Between him and James they kept him quiet.
Hence why I said "he showed a great sense of fight against us." He was highly motivated to prove a point. So he worked harder than usual. Especially in the 1st half. By the time the 2nd half rolled around he had reverted to norm and didn't join in the defensive work as often.

Sadly Pep took out Doku as he began to get more space to cook :)

Calm down. Chelsea are a billion pound team and Stamford Bridge is always a tough place to go to. By the end of the season it’ll be viewed as a good point
It won't. Even assuming they improve as the season goes on, we don't judge the result on their strength at the end of the season, we look at it when we played them. They're 10th, have lost to brentford, forest and villa at home this season and Luton remains their only league win at Stamford bridge. That will always be a game we should have won.

It won't. Even assuming they improve as the season goes on, we don't judge the result on their strength at the end of the season, we look at it when we played them. They're 10th, have lost to brentford, forest and villa at home this season and Luton remains their only league win at Stamford bridge. That will always be a game we should have won.
Better than losing to wolves away

Is it because you don’t appreciate a point away at SB is a decent result and are looking for things to get upset by?
No I think it’s more being ahead 3 times to a poor side I really thought we’d beat them even at 2-1 down and to be a head so late in the game as well

Not many 21's can perform like that consistently for a big club and not be tactically good. I think it shocked a lot of us how well he played yesterday. He wasn't given that freedom to express himself under Pep so thats probably why you say that.

Thought he played well but he was nowhere near as good as a few heads are making out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.