Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Arsenal and Liverpool have both drawn at Chelsea this season, they’re definitely getting better. Not quite sure why sky think a team who’ve spent £1.5 billion in a year are the underdogs. Saw nothing in Palmer to suggest he’d get in our team. We were poor but if you can’t win make sure you don’t lose. We’ve not clicked yet we’re top of the league. A lot on here saying Dias was poor which he was but he wasn’t helped by Akanji going in to midfield which doesn’t work. There was no protection for the back 4. Alvarez was poor thought he should have been taken off at half time for Kovacic. We still had enough chances to win the game.

Chelsea have a talented group of players that are starting to gel. Their league position is not representative of their quality.

I expect them to climb into a top 4/5 position.

As for City, it’s good to have your weaknesses exposed from time to time. Let’s see how we react.
Agree, I'm still expecting them to make champions league. Surprised how well sterling played

I'll take that all day. The disappointments for me, we're not shutting shop at 4-3, the dog awful defending and letting walker take that free kick at the end. Otherwise I'm OK with it
Pity Ake wasn’t on the bench he could have been thrown on after Rodri’s goal for an attacking player to shut up shop as we’ve seen in the past.
Can’t believe how open we were even after that goal

Pity Ake wasn’t on the bench he could have been thrown on after Rodri’s goal for an attacking player to shut up shop as we’ve seen in the past.
Can’t believe how open we were even after that goal
Yeh that would've worked, still I'll take a point. Hate the mornings after a defeat

Very weird game that from our side of things, last two occasions at Stanford Bridge previously we dominated them and didn’t give them a sniff. This time we were way too open and Rodri looked isolated in the middle of the park. I wonder if we went with one attacking player too many, Chelsea seemed to get to every second ball. Them not playing midweek must have helped with that.

Chelsea do have the makings of a decent team, they need to start demonstrating that they don’t just turn up for games against the rest of the big 6.

I guess you have to enjoy games like that. Disappointed not to win of course but chelsea have been improving.

What it did show me is doku and gvardiol arent ready for those big games yet. Doku especially. I love the guy but today was a game for Jackie G
Yes, especially for his defensive qualities. James had the freedom of the park.

Very weird game that from our side of things, last two occasions at Stanford Bridge previously we dominated them and didn’t give them a sniff. This time we were way too open and Rodri looked isolated in the middle of the park. I wonder if we went with one attacking player too many, Chelsea seemed to get to every second ball. Them not playing midweek must have helped with that.

Chelsea do have the makings of a decent team, they need to start demonstrating that they don’t just turn up for games against the rest of the big 6.

Agree Chelsea at the moment reminds me of City as we started our climb. We had a few seasons were we could beat the so called bigger sides but lose to the mid to bottom half of the table. As you say they need to put a run together.

As good as Chelsea were we poor in midfield. Rodri was isolated, both Foden and Doku were doubled up on.
The weather was always going to make for mistakes.

My lad was screaming at 3-4 park the fucking bus !! We didnt !!

From minute one we were off the pace. Midfield not closing players down in time, defensive mistakes, giving possession away needlessly. Not the best game we'll play. Disappointing to lose so late in the game, but another difficult away match out of the way and we're top of the league. We will need to improve for our next three fixtures to ensure we keep our noses in front! Three wins and we're flying!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.