Chelsea (a) post match thread

It's kinda weird to hear alot of people talking about our previous title-winning teams, not realizing that we have mostly the same players and they have gotten fucking old.

Clearly bad spending has hurt us to adequately replace them but this is not really Pep's fault.

Would like to see him try something new, give players he hasn't given much of a chance more minutes like Nolito, Nacho for example. Rest KDB and/or Silva, maybe swap one out for another more prolific goal scorer.

Not finishing in top4 would a joke with City's squad even if are fullbacks are old and shit. THe GK situation is a mess now but its down to Pep only, Hart would have been a much better choice than Willy, who became 1st choice as Bravo failed big time.

Even Pellegrini didnt finish outside top4 with City and people were calling him a corpse.

If we compare Pep's first season to Pelle's first season than we compare a PL title with a shit league season with similar CL results.

If we compare Pep's first with Pelle's last season what got him fired its still Pelle winning it, top4 finish, League Cup trophy and CL semi finals vs. top4 finish this season (hopefully), maybe FA Cup final maybe not( I wouldnt think we would be favourites in final against Spurs or Chelsea based on our big games under Pep) and CL fail against Monaco in early March...

I was waiting for a big upgrade from Pep, style of play and results as well. For him to find our weaknesses, sort them out, find opponent's weaknesses and punish them trough them, thats the kind of thing we were sold by the media behind Pep.

Instead of all this, we defend the way it makes easy for opponents to punish us from game to game, we concede 6 goals against Monaco in 180 minutes and they could have scored about another 6 (with Falcao missing sitters in first game luckily being injured for 2nd game), we cant even fix our problems, we still dont press as a team...

If this is the truly best that can be reached with current squad so if Pep is bringing out 100% of this squad and its enough only for these results than Pelle should have been never fired.

What makes this all laughable what if Conte before the season would have said we need 2-3 years to win the title with Chelsea, we need another 2-3 big summer transfer windows spending another 200m each summer before we can win the league. They were dogshit last season, mentally they were destroyed under Mourinho, finished 7th, Conte came in, signed Kante, Alonso, Luiz and that Batsuayi guy who hardly plays.
Now they will win the league before end of April probably.
If Conte would have tried to push a style onto their team that just not effective enough for the players and they are uncomfortable with they would be fighting for top4 as well imo.

Imo this season is a huge fail for Pep, Mourinho, Wenger.
Conte, Pochettino, Klopp have much more reason to be happy. Even tho I hate Liverpool I rate their squad as the 6th best only in the league so of they finish top3 thats overachievement.
Pochettino failed ugly in CL but a 2nd place finish looking likely for them and still in FA Cup. I think that game vs Chelsea will be much closer than what we put up vs Chelsea this season. (two losses)
And Conte, no question about his job.

For Pep and Wenger not being in top4 would be disgrace. The top4 was Wenger's trophy last 10 years basically. Going into the EL for them is a nightmare with those ticket prices.
Mourinho's ego will be tested if he has to suffer trough another EL season on Thursdays. He will try everything to win it this season to get the extra place to get to CL.

Pep's ego is under pressure as well, he was used to get far in CL, he basically failed at Bayern in terms of getting to 3 CL semis in 3 years but not make a final once.
Here at first fails to get past Monaco in the early knockout tie then next season only Europa League? That would be criminal for him. a guy who never has been outside of CL semifinals in his 6 seasons of top clubs(Barca+Bayern).

Even if we make top4 its still is a dissappointing season. Even the chance that we might not make it is a joke. And we have a seriously underperforming Arsenal and United as main rivals in it.

Please kindly remove your head and kick it as hard as you can against a wall and then put it back on. Hopefully you might not be such a mard arse when you have a bit of sense knocked into you.

I still think Pep is the best manager for us. The way he made us play early in the season just shows what he is capable of. It was right after the 3-3 game against Celtic that we got too complicated and have been clawing to the finishing line since. A better keeper with two full backs would improve us significantly so we can play on all fronts.

Selection of results from Bobbys transition season 2010/11

Sunderland 1 city 0
City 0 Arsenal 3
Wolves 2 city 1
City 1 Everton 2
Villa 1 city 0
United 2 city 1
Chelsea 2 city 0
Liverpool 3 city 0
Everton 2 city 1

A MANAGER NEEDS TIME TO ASSESS HIS RESOURCES AND MAKE CHANGES THE FOLLOWING SEASON

I don't know, is it just me or we look so weak, and out of energy. All the other teams look bigger, stronger, faster. Starting the season we were pressing so high, on big tempo, in big groups, with whole team. Now it looks like some players know they are out anyway, and are starting to be unmotivated and don't have that fighting mentality in them. Clichy is the worst i've seen him, fernandinho almost non existant, nolito slow as fuck,sterling wasteful, we look really bad. I think that Jesus comeback will turn it around, he makes that frontline come into life. Aguero creates nothing, he can score crackers, and put sitters to bed, but he brings nothing to overall team play right now. sterling, and sane come into life when gabriel jesus is around. We need changes, it's so obvious. team is too slow and out of energy. we bring new fullbacks, CM of highest quality, AM (Isco?), GK, bring some academy talents, we caan have a gem or two there (Diaz, Foden, Sancho, ICP, Unal, Roberts). And we will looke like a team. I can see what pep is having in mind, but few players are not up to the standards needed for that team, to play the way he sees it, or no longer wants to give it all for the team, because they are out anyway. We were toothless

In summer it will be solved I am quite sure about that , but pep has to find solution to finish this season on high with resources he hes.

It's just you

Just got on the train. Talking to a few Chelsea fans, their opinion was we were by far the best team they have played and we should have won. On a positive Delph had a good game but again full backs were shocking
same every game.its not boxing u cannot win on points

Chelsea show us the way tonight: leadership, toughness, ability to close a game out. All the things we're lacking

Dissapointed in Pep's inability to work things out
Chelsea head and shoulders the best team in the Prem this season. But don't get too carried away - last season's no-show proves they are moody, can't be trusted and can't always be arsed. Talented yes and helped by a monumental coach this year (very decent guy as well). Last season's failure must form part of the discussion about Chelsea.

You could get a job with Sky or BT do you know that?
Was offered a job there funnily enough as heir Head of IT about Qonyears
I reckon we deserved 8 more points than we have got v top 6 this season. Should have had 4 from che. 3 from spurs 3 from liv. Instead we got 0 1 1.

Title winners get what they deserve plus lucky points they don't deserve. We are miles away just like last season.

Can't even guarantee we will beat hull!
we certainly have better players but
There's not a club anywhere which could compete for the title without a top keeper and with their Captain out for almost the entire season and without two fullbacks. You could say that was Guardiola's choice, but transfer's don't always work out. Bravo didn't work out. We took a risk with Kompany. We had tried to sign Laporte and he backed out of the move. Not buying a central defender may yet be a good move if Kompany can complete his come back.

I think we have seen enough from Sane, KDB, Silva, Sterling and Jesus to know that when they combine together the chances and goals will come. Keep Kompany, get a keeper and two full backs and we'll be Champions.
the full backs he knew before the season started - surely higher priority than an extra midfielder. The goalkeeper situation is a joke. I agree we have fantastic players going forward
when you win the champions league can i have your autograph
utterly irrelevant. And we did a great job against a team from France this year in that! And 3 years at Munich who are utterly brilliant on their day and he couldn't win it. Give someone the best team and guess what - they might win things. Brilliant. Couldn't be done to the quality of the players... has to be down to thre manager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.