Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to see Doku and Savinho out wide. Midfield is a worry given the number of games played in the summer by City midfielders. Pep will presumably pick the least tired. I can’t see any reason not to use McAtee. I would have Lewis and Ake as FBs and whoever is not knackered as CBs.
It’s a tossed together team, really. Good luck to the guys, I would settle for a draw, plenty of time yet.
#fiveinarow.
PS. I always felt Tosin was a bit unlucky not to break into our first choice CBs. Would love to see him play.
Should they be tired after 4 weeks holiday?

Personally I would be playing Rodri and Foden in this game and possibly Walker.

Ederson
Walker
Gvardial
Dias
Akanji
Rodri
Kovacic
Foden
Grealish if fit / Doku if not
KDB
Haaland

Last season we had a tough time everytime we met them. Their pace can hurt us. Curious if Foden & Rodri already get minutes. Would be ok with a draw.

Should they be tired after 4 weeks holiday?

Personally I would be playing Rodri and Foden in this game and possibly Walker.

Ederson
Walker
Gvardial
Dias
Akanji
Rodri
Kovacic
Foden
Grealish if fit / Doku if not
KDB
Haaland
Agreed, and ask for national team dispensation for the first international break in September.

They've earned a bit of slack.

City first !!

Thinking pep might just throw walker straight back in to combat their pace. Maybe gvardiol to miss out

Eddy

Walker/akanji
Akanji/ake
Dias
Ake/Gvardiol

Kovacic
Bernardo
Kdb ( foden 60 mins)

Doku
Haaland
Grealish if not fit savio

The 2 wingers are going to have to get through a lot of work as their fullbacks are both very attacking. Still think if kev and haaland are firing they will destroy them 1-3 to the blues.

I hope Pep, or someone on his behalf, has been keeping an eye on the BBC Sport website about the questions they are going to ask in his press conference soon.

"Before Enzo Maresca, we will hear from Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, who is expected to face more questions about his future - and the potential for a move into international management..."

No imagination these hacks have they? Every single press conference.... ' will you be here at the next conference Pep or are you going to Timbuctoo or Mars by any chance' ..... 'you could be the first Mars International Manager couldn't you? '

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.