Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

He wants to go back to Iberia. However, Barca can’t afford him, Real don’t appear to want him, others will be waiting for his contract to end.
I think he is one of those players that others tend to under rate like Oakes and Gaz Baz, unless you actually play with him or see him week in week out. Every blue and his team mates know he is priceless.

Sometimes people forget football is a team sport and you need workhorses for the others to shine, Pep is all about team spirit and looking after your teammates

Very happy with that. I disagreed beforehand with everyone saying we were going to steam roller them based on a pre season friendly, and when I saw their starting XI it was pretty strong.

I feared that we are never the same team without Rodri, but Kovacic was excellent.

Rico Lewis put in his best performance in a City shirt, his defending seems to have improved.

Savio looks a great signing. What are we calling him, Savio or Savinho?

He wants to go back to Iberia. However, Barca can’t afford him, Real don’t appear to want him, others will be waiting for his contract to end.
I think he is one of those players that others tend to under rate like Oakes and Gaz Baz, unless you actually play with him or see him week in week out. Every blue and his team mates know he is priceless.
Odd that he's 'wanted to go back to Iberia' for the last 8 transfer windows yet he's still here......

Well pleased with Savio. Kova looks to be a monster this year. We are a well-oiled machine and you'd never know most players had no pre-season.

Chelsea stepped it up from the mess they were in Ohio. You can see what Maresca is trying to do. In some ways it reminds me of when we first got Pep. He didn't have to deal with such a bloated squad or an unhinged Biff Tannen lookalike chairman though.

Just watching it back, Fernandes was on his backside at every opportunity, he didn't really get anything from alty boy but I'm always annoyed with decent players trying to cheat rather than using their skill to influence games.
An abrasive little fucker who thinks he is better than he actually is, poor example particularly when he’s their captain.

Just watching it back, Fernandes was on his backside at every opportunity, he didn't really get anything from alty boy but I'm always annoyed with decent players trying to cheat rather than using their skill to influence games.
Can't remember seeing fernandes being influential since he arrived there, for £110m was it? Fucking hell!
And Caicedo seems to just stroll around doing nowt since he's made it to London, was he >£100m? Just, wow!!
But City are ruining the market, obvs!

I think we are more than undercooked as Pep said yesterday. Apart from astonishingly good result and a few good but still inconsistent performances we are getting into this season totally unprepared and we are looking more like it is beginning of pre season for us.
I actually think Maresca is onto something with this Chelsea team and his game set-up was very good unless those idiots owners decide to pull trigger early again. But I am not sure their supporters like this setup according to murmurings from the home end.

Prick thinks he can make up his own rules as he thinks he’s the most high profile ref in the league

Clearly he went into that game with the idea he was gonna leave his cards in his pocket despite there being about half a dozen nailed on bookings for Chelsea players … if he had actually applied the rules of the game
He actually drove to Rodris house after the game and booked him for 'tactical' fouling....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.