Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Caicedo is basically a dirty bastard who goes around kicking, fouling and pulling his opponents shirts.
Fernandez gives his obnoxious namesake a run for his money as the biggest whinging, diving, cheating cry baby in the league.
Nothing pisses me off more than these twats getting a free ride off our close friends in the media.
Writing off a billion loan to Abramovic is clearly disguised equity which we're being accused of, without the latest shenanigans of selling hotels to themselves and ridiculously long contracts, surely their wage bill is over the PSR limit?
We've done nothing like these cowboys and the only comfort I get is that it also breaks the cartel.
Roll on the regulator.

OK. I watched the game fully live (for once, had access to it). I felt both teams looked like what they were, i.e. playing a beginning-of-season game, not completely match sharp, some odd passes going astray. I felt we played well, given those circumstances, but nothing like as well as we know we can play. And given those circumstances, make no mistake, this is a terrific result. The best of the weekend, by some distance. Liverpool would have been expected to beat Ipswich, with all due respect. Arsenal at home would certainly have been expected to see off Wolves. United struggled to see off Fulham, and it's at the point where you don't really expect the rags to put anyone to the sword any more. All the result would have been expected, except ours, which was far from being a given.
Terrific start to the season, and we haven't always had those. Just a comment about Rico. Now I love the lad. And I know many have picked him as their man of the match. Justifiably so. He's definitely learning the trade as a defender, as well as being a superb attacking player. But, well I need to watch it again closely, but I did feel there were times yesterday when he was being a bit bullied physically. Not outplayed. Just physically dominated somewhat. And I feel that for someone of his size that's always going to be a bit of a problem. For me, he's already a more skilled footballer than Kyle. But Kyle is beefier, and tough as nails. He's fast, although he's slowing down (and this may well be the season too far). I just wonder whether Rico is the long-term solution in that position. Somehow, some kind of place must be made for him in the squad and team, though. That no longer needs to be established. Just… where?

The hunger, the passion, the commitment, the professionalism were all there in abundance. A proper City performance. All those pundits and other clubs who assumed we would drop off after four in a row need to think again. We want five.

The thing critics always miss about City's success is they're so focused on the money spent or the player's quality on the field. The thing that separates City is the mentality and the group identity. Having everyone going in the same direction is so undervalued and more important than the other things. It's a credit to the board, Pep and the players that they understand this and why the whole "losing hunger" narrative is so misplaced.

Very happy with that. I disagreed beforehand with everyone saying we were going to steam roller them based on a pre season friendly, and when I saw their starting XI it was pretty strong.

I feared that we are never the same team without Rodri, but Kovacic was excellent.

Rico Lewis put in his best performance in a City shirt, his defending seems to have improved.

Savio looks a great signing. What are we calling him, Savio or Savinho?
just please don't let it be Savva

Saw something on Sly Sports last night that I’d never thought I’d see……a graphic showing how much Chelski spent on their 3 midfielders (280m) compared to ours (120m) …..City ruining football still?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.