Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup | Post-Match Thread

Thought the absence of var made the game even more enjoyable.
What was the Chelsea goal disallowed for.
Was it offside.
The header on to the post was as bad a bit of defending as you can get.
It was harder to hit the post than put it out for a corner.

Good performance but without the saves we could have easily lost.
Lewis & Gomez look great going forward but very suspect defensively at the moment which is a worry.

I always fear for City in any game where the opposition have lengthy periods in possession, and on another night we could easily have lost. However we rode our luck and just about deserved it.

Interesting reading the mixed reviews for Palmer, as he seeks to strive an identity in such a talented team. Last night was better than the Seville game, but too often he seems a peripheral figure following a couple of decent touches with periods of inactivity. I've still got high hopes, but I'm not convinced that the way forward involves playing alongside Mahrez

Grealish had a great game, but somewhere along the line he needs to learn from.Mahrez and Gundogan, or possibly even Foden, who often camouflage a mediocre performance with a critical goal or assist. Ultimately that's how Grealish will be judged.

I'd like to see Lewis in a Premier League fixture where the opposition rarely have the ball, and concentration is critical for the occasional counter attack. However, he seems comfortable on the ball which for somebody still scarred by Geoff Lomax and countless others hoofing the ball as far as possible is a wonder to behold

Onwards and upwards
Agree about Palmer, seems to be on the periphery of things. Suspect with time he'll begin to realise he has tge potential to do a Foden.
He is a talent

First time I saw Ortega play, and the man was excellent. Nice to have 2 reliable keepers! Also, Grealish obviously very good as well, and Alvarez always dangerous, nice to see him get a goal. Thought Lewis did well also. Onwards and upwards!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.