Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup - Wed 9th Nov, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we beat Chelsea, the next round is days after the World Cup final just before Leeds away, if we get through that, next round would be in a 4 game, 10 day stretch between Chelsea away and United away, plus FA cup. Then 2 legged semi.

Personally I hope we put our second string players in. I think we stand better chance of success in the bigger trophies if we give this one a very low priority.

I think it would be good to have a game before Leeds away. Use it as a warm-up game. Pep can make 7 changes and the side still be incredibly strong so we don't need to worry. He'll burn the key men out whilst he's got them though, he doesn't give a fuck if they're tired for the WC. I want us to beat Chelsea and get that extra game in before the league match which we need to be fully firing in. From then on Pep will rotate and pick the best team he can for each. We've coped with busy schedules before and we'll do it again, not worth worrying too much at the moment.

Why would anyone not want Haaland in this game???!

What are you trying to save him for? He's got 6 weeks off after Saturday.
Short term - being very cautious about him not picking up an injury before an important game on Saturday.
Long term - It would appear that his fitness and injury risk needs to be managed carefully particularly in the higher levels of performance required in the Prem. I believe he has his own personal coach.
In view of the above why risk him in a low priority game?

I would give this the same treatment as the Sevilla game, but bring Haaland on if things aren’t going well. Chelsea were poor yesterday but they might see the Carabao Cup as a chance for a trophy, they seem way off challenging for anything else

I would give this the same treatment as the Sevilla game, but bring Haaland on if things aren’t going well. Chelsea were poor yesterday but they might see the Carabao Cup as a chance for a trophy, they seem way off challenging for anything else
On the other hand given that Chelsea change their managers as often as the Tories change their leaders, Potter might be worried about their game away to Newcastle on Saturday and chose a weakened side for Wednesday.

This entirely!

Back from injury
Needs match sharpness ready for Saturday
He’s 22
Has a month off for the World Cup
'Needs match sharpness' LOL
2 chances 2 goals (1 disallowed on Sat) after coming on as late sub
Normal physical rules don't apply to the goal bot ..

Do we really want to win this? Obviously we do we want to win everything but in the grand scheme of things maybe putting out the kids and losing here would be beneficial in the long run? From a schedule perspective and also to give our young talents some good experience.

Another game rearranged if we make it to the final whilst the timing of the QF is terrible on our schedule (Chelsea and Rags away either side not to mention FA Cup R3). SF leg 2 also just before Spurs away. Just looking at the big picture of course. Hope we win Wednesday especially given its Chelsea but one of those rare matches that if we lose I won't be disappointed. I just worry about burn out later down the line.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed over the last few years these rounds of games seem to fall with the u21’s ( efl trophy)either playing same night or previous night,which probably hinders selecting some of those for the league cup ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.