Chelsea (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Pep likes his wide players to hog the touchline We pass to them and they pass it backwards
Today Mahrez was given the freedom of the Etihad and what a different player he looked
That's because we had Walker overlapping him and playing wide, which allowed Mahrez to drift infield more than when we play with inverted FBs.

I think Kev forces others out of position,but he is also capable of things others are not.....so,id go

Walker--Stones--Laporte--Ake
---------------Rodri-------------
---------Foden----KDB------
-----Bernie--Haaland--Alvarez

Slightly odd selection I'd say but I honestly don't know what our best XI is at the moment. However, I'm not sure that matters (our best XI that it is: it's irrelevant whether or not I know). Pep is playing so many combinations that I hope the players will be increasingly comfortable in pretty much any XI and a host of formations (today's was pretty much 2-3-5 but you could make a case for 2-1-2-5 or even 2-1-7) so that Pep can focus on a suitable set-up for each game.

What was bizarre is that firstly the kid didn’t look bothered at all and secondly no adult came out of the crowd when he was carted off. The club should be putting out pictures and names on the website, social media etc with the appropriate sentence. What possesses these people to let their kids do that is beyond me and presumably the adult gets a vote when elections take place, SMH
Never saw anything on TV. What age was the kid?

Pep likes his wide players to hog the touchline We pass to them and they pass it backwards
Today Mahrez was given the freedom of the Etihad and what a different player he looked
I saw Mahrez at LB & thought WTF! He was on the left wing, centre forward, central midfield & was even back beyond Rodri to pick the ball up from Akanji.

Was Mahrez going off script, or has Pep released the handbrake a bit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.