Chelsea (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Great performances all over the pitch. Chelsea have no excuses - they choose their team from a lavishly assembled squad. We wouldn't ever be allowed to cite 'injuries' as an excuse for a defeat - neither should Chelsea. Our precision game is coming back after the World Cup.

Think Potter has been really unlucky with injuries to a lot of key players. Its important Chelsea dont overreact although wouldnt be surprised if he was sacked. They've never looked at the big picture. You have to give him time. He's an outstanding coach much like Arteta. He speaks well even in defeat. I would be happy if we consider him when Pep leaves.

Last edited:
Great performances all over the pitch. Chelsea have no excuses - they choose their team from a lavishly assembled squad. We wouldn't ever be allowed to cite 'injuries' as an excuse for a defeat - neither should Chelsea. Our precision game is coming back after the World Cup.
I like your post but any team would miss the quality of Kante, Reece, Chilwell, Broja, Pulisic,Sterling (maybe not),Mendy, and Forfana. They desperately need a top striker.

They weren't though. They started with a fairly strong 11 and before the Mahrez free kick it was a fairly even contest. Then they fell to pieces. It was like all the confidence drained away from them. I didn't see any belief that they could recover from the first goal and that's down to the manager.
Yeah I’m being unfair. They were dogshit AFTER Mahrez scored and Havertz conceded the penalty.

Wierd. De Bruyne doesn't play and hey presto! back to what we know and love. That 3rd goal was excellent and dripping with panache. The game for Gomez and Palmer was a great learning curve for them, Gomez in particular underhit some passes which resulted in turnover to Chelsea, fortunately they were pants in the final third so that loss of possession wasn't costly. I hope this upward trend continues

Don’t think that today’s opposition will be one of the toughest we face this season, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. Thought we put in a fantastic performance in all areas of the pitch. Mahrez clearly had his best game for some time and I thought that Alvarez, Rodri, Foden and Walker were particularly good too. The effort put in by Alvarez is unbelievable and he never stops. I feel a little sorry for Gomez and Palmer for getting some negative comments on here. You have to remember that they don’t get a lot of game time and it isn’t easy to get up to match speed unless you play in a decent run of games. For me a great result and performance. Very happy Blue.

Think Potter has been really unlucky with injuries to a lot of key players. Its important Chelsea dont overreact although wouldnt be surprised if he was sacked. They've never looked at the big picture. You have to give him time. He's an outstanding coach much like Arteta. He speaks well even in defeat. I would be happy if we consider him when Pep leaves.
Yeah.
I really rate Potter but his days are numbered at Chavsea. I agree with Pep he should be given at least a season, especially with so many injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.