Chelsea (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

We did but Chelsea didn’t setup like Everton and we always have a lot of joy when teams try to actually play. Mind you Chelsea were awful but they insisted on trying to play it out from the back and we certainly enjoyed suffocating it.

But we can’t suffocate teams who basically give us the ball and defend with 10. Did Pep speak much about the formation today after the match? It was really interesting to have the fullbacks bombing on again. Don’t know if that was just about the available players or if he’s maybe changing things
So,what is our best,most fluid and dangerous side now ?

We always look at our best with overlapping fullbacks and KW was superb yesterday.

Mahrez had licence to roam which allowed PF,JA and BS to switch positions.

PF wouldn't have been in position to have scored that wonderful third goal if Erling had been playing.

No.9 or false 9 City's going get you !!

Great performance and good to see both Akanji and Gomez playing so well. Just an observation though, did anyone notice we became very open on the left when Cancelo came on?

Our third goal is the best I've seen, anywhere, for a few years.

Beautiful.
It’s great by a number of players but it’s so good to see a goal that is at least 80% down to Kyle Walker. From the initial trickery to keep possession, to his cross-field switch, his desire and athleticism to make that underlap, and then the accurate cut back. He’s back.

Great win.

Mahrez back to his best is good news for City.

Cole Palmer's final ball decision making in the penalty area decides his future at City. So far this season he has made the wrong decision every time. A shame because he could be a really great player
Nail. On. Head. Re. Palmer.
He's undoubtedly a talented player, but he need a bit of luck to go his way I think. Hopefully that will spark his confidence.
it’s not luck it’s making the correct decision at key times. Should have squared it in the first half and it’s a tap in. Far too selfish in the penalty area.

I like your post but any team would miss the quality of Kante, Reece, Chilwell, Broja, Pulisic,Sterling (maybe not),Mendy, and Forfana. They desperately need a top striker.
Much like any team would miss the quality of Haaland, De Bruyne,Días,, Stones,Ederson ...
Only joking mate but they didn't exactly play a youth team...they got twatted by a very good City performance

Couldn't the less give a fuck.

chelsea were very poor, players or manager, we didn't start too well for me, but once we got going, it was as one sided as a game gets.

I thought they were embarrasing in the second half, no fight, no effort, and we had a low key training session, we passed it around at walking pace, and they chased without getting anywhere close, embarrassing.

They put out a strong team and started well. We went ahead through a worldly free kick and got into our comfort zone with a penalty that would have made us apoplectic if we had given it away.

Then at 2-0 we had the confidence and belief to take them apart and we did. Our third was a thing of beauty. But it was just a reflection of how well we played in the second quarter of the game. They never looked like they could make a fight of it. So you had a confident, motoring City against a Chelsea who were already beaten and they knew it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.