Chelsea (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Our third goal is the best I've seen, anywhere, for a few years.

Beautiful.

Fantastic goal, it really was. But, for me Bernardo's goal away at Villa last season takes some beating. The media never gave it the credit it deserved, but it had it all; the composure at the back to beat the Villa press, the build up play, pin point cross from Jesus and then rounded off with a sublime finish.

He's still very young and although training with the first team, he gets very few opportunities, which means when he is selected there's a huge amount of pressure for him to perform
It's a tough one to call because he needs a run of games, but we're that good and with every game meaning something he won't get it
Appreciate that. Just my humble opinion. Was hoping to see him kick on after he scored a great goal in last season's FAC but he got injured and disappeared for a while. He needs a run of games just don't see it at City currently I'm afraid. Tough call.

So,what is our best,most fluid and dangerous side now ?

We always look at our best with overlapping fullbacks and KW was superb yesterday.

Mahrez had licence to roam which allowed PF,JA and BS to switch positions.

PF wouldn't have been in position to have scored that wonderful third goal if Erling had been playing.

No.9 or false 9 City's going get you !!
There is no single best side. It's ALWAYS horses for courses. Our team selection and formation is utterly dependent on how the manager thinks the opposition will set up against us.

They put out a strong team and started well. We went ahead through a worldly free kick and got into our comfort zone with a penalty that would have made us apoplectic if we had given it away.

Then at 2-0 we had the confidence and belief to take them apart and we did. Our third was a thing of beauty. But it was just a reflection of how well we played in the second quarter of the game. They never looked like they could make a fight of it. So you had a confident, motoring City against a Chelsea who were already beaten and they knew it.
Are you saying we'd have been pissed off if that first penalty had been given against us?

Did you actually see it? It was BLATANT handball (looked deliberate to me), and the defender should have been booked for it.

Are you saying we'd have been pissed off if that first penalty had been given against us?

Did you actually see it? It was BLATANT handball (looked deliberate to me), and the defender should have been booked for it.
I’d have been pissed off if we give away a penalty like that,pissed off that one of our defenders stuck their arm out like that havertz was an idiot stonewall pen ..

Were Chelsea actuality terrible or is it how we play they makes them look even worse. Prob a combo of both but when we play like today we force the opponent into making errors and frustrating the living crap out of them.
According to todays back pages Chelsea were woeful. I saw a different game and put the win down to City playing exceptionally well.

Yesterday’s performance has sort of been coming . It has happened many times before around this time of year where we grind a few results out in difficult matches then all of a sudden hit top form just like a top race horse . Two huge games this week , win both of them and our season will take shape nicely !

The disrespect our team gets us all to see! Or we see read in the media is chelsea were poor if we didn’t press as we did in that first half chelsea would of caused a lot of trouble second half you saw how they kept the ball well! They’ll rip Fulham apart on Thursday!

It wasn't that good or bad, after 2-0 the game was over and it wasn't great for the BBC so they are putting the knife in on Chelsea. As they did with City in 2016, for at 6/7 weeks, even though we won a Cup a week later after winning an important ERUC game 3 days later away is Kyiv.

21st Feb - lose 5-1 to Chelsea in FAC
4th May - lose 1-0 on aggregate to RM and Shearer put the boot in again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.