Chelsea (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

One thing to say from yesterday: Walker back, Laporte back bringing the ball out, Phil maybe not at his best but his fitness looking much better, Mahrez back at his best etc.

We can say everything we want about Pep's formations and other things, but we've been missing some key players while also trying to get people back into the headspace of January football. If key players are finally coming back online then the season could start to look very positive. These back-to-back Chelsea games look really key for us.
Agree re Eric. He strides forward looking for a positive pass in a way none of the other CBs (bar stones) can. Makes such a difference

No he didn't initially, it was all about how poor Chelsea were, he even called Micah biased when he commented on the Foden goal. A few words of begrudging praise happened because he had to but he banged on about just how poor Chelsea were.

The credit should have been Citys for making them look ordinary.
You do know the game is on iplayer.
Go to 1.19 and tell me how he did not praise City first before slagging Chelsea.

No he didn't initially, it was all about how poor Chelsea were, he even called Micah biased when he commented on the Foden goal. A few words of begrudging praise happened because he had to but he banged on about just how poor Chelsea were.

The credit should have been Citys for making them look ordinary.
No he didn't the Chelsea stuff was after praisng us.

I think Shearer is becoming more and more biased against City as his beloved Newcastle team slowly starts to become rivals for titles. He haas shifted his position a bit and never seems to give us any credt these days. When we win at Old Trafford on Saturday the narrative will all be about how poor United are even though the media have been raving about them for weeks. They will revert to being a bad team again when we hammer them.

The amount of shit Potter is getting in the press and by mard arses like Shearer is unbearable, when Klopps mob are only 3 points above Chelsea who are supposedly in crisis.

Does Klopp get the grief?

Shearer was obviously upset as are the media that they couldn't put City in their place.

You do know the game is on iplayer.
Go to 1.19 and tell me how he did not praise City first before slagging Chelsea.

The point is that he slagged Chelsea off a lot, he even said the "Even though Fodens goal was good" he laid all of the blame at Chelsea's door saying that they should have stopped it happening, now what he should have done is praised the way City played more.

Saying City are good once or twice before explaining to the world that City looked good because Chelsea were poor isn't a compliment.

The amount of shit Potter is getting in the press and by mard arses like Shearer is unbearable, when Klopps mob are only 3 points above Chelsea who are supposedly in crisis.

Does Klopp get the grief?

Shearer was obviously upset as are the media that they couldn't put City in their place.
You do know being 3 points behind liverpool is shit this season ? You are obsessed with trying to shoehorn some anti BBC / stuff in here this morning.

Agree re Eric. He strides forward looking for a positive pass in a way none of the other CBs (bar stones) can. Makes such a difference
It feels like forever that we had a run of games with both Laporte and Stones in the team, particularly when Stones is in the defensive mood he is in. It has the potential to get us so much further up the pitch.

The point is that he slagged Chelsea off a lot, he even said the "Even though Fodens goal was good" he laid all of the blame at Chelsea's door saying that they should have stopped it happening, now what he should have done is praised the way City played more.

Saying City are good once or twice before explaining to the world that City looked good because Chelsea were poor isn't a compliment.
But Chelsea were terrible? They stood off us, they ran out of ideas the second they got out of their own half, their attitude was poor. I didn't think we had to get out of second gear to look amazing, and some of that is on the opposition. I'd have been fuming if a City team turned in that performance if I'd travelled to London for a late Sunday kick off.

But Chelsea were terrible? They stood off us, they ran out of ideas the second they got out of their own half, their attitude was poor. I didn't think we had to get out of second gear to look amazing, and some of that is on the opposition. I'd have been fuming if a City team turned in that performance if I'd travelled to London for a late Sunday kick off.

We have no real way of knowing because I thought we were excellent, we have done it to all teams when we are on the money like we were yesterday.

Look where Potter has them in the league, then look at Klopps position and ask yourself the question why is Potter getting it in the neck so early in his tenure whilst Klopp gets somewhat of a free ride?

Shearer was almost visibly upset IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.