Chelsea (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

One of the things, out of the billions, I love about Pep is how 99% of the time when a player is substituted, either by injury or otherwise he gives them a high five or a hug and most of the time both. He cares about those lads and the team spirit is, to my mind, second to none.
Thats down to the leadership.

One of the things, out of the billions, I love about Pep is how 99% of the time when a player is substituted, either by injury or otherwise he gives them a high five of a hug and most of the time both. He cares about those lads and the team spirit is, to my mind, second to none.
Thats down to the leadership.
His man management is spot on

Fantastic result tonight, I only saw the last 20 minutes, as I chose to visit my daughter and her boyfriend.

I hadn't given a shit since Wednesday night, all I wanted was the PL, so concentrate on those games, but we're there now, and we will have a week off before the final, and no CL distraction (sadly), so lets get both won from here.

Listened to broadcast on City webpage driving up for my sons club game. Then watched on ESPN+. Watching the game was exhausting to me. In my mind I'm thinking that Bernardo, Walker, Foden - they all played 120 minutes. If the game had gone to extra time, they were gonna be dragging players off the pitch. I'm so glad Bernardo got that goal. Now we get 4 days off. Its all about Brighton now. One at a time. Let's do this.

Great atmosphere at Wembley and even better result, but that team looked dead on the pitch today. Apart from Akanji who in spite asked to be subbed on Wed and potentially injured, has shown necessary energy for this kind of a game, and was doing all the game what Stones was supposed to do. And Ortega was fantastic.
I see Alvarez is being slagged off, he might have not done much (like the most of the players, but he was running like a banshee and the lad doesn't ask to be subbed because he is tired.
I was really disappointed with Grealish what he didn't do while on, he had acres of space on their right side and still nothing. Doku changed everything even after they started doubling up on him. And our Kev, even after you 'die', class stays on the pitch. It was funny that it was Bernardo who scored, because for the most of the game his body was on the pitch, while in his mind he had late afternoon siesta at his place back back in Portugal.
Very happy after RM, but worrying for us in the next six games, we look dead on our legs and mentally spent force.
How the hell will Rodri play Euros I have no clue!

It's also a good job Ortega kept us at 0-0.
I hope that the knock he got isn't anything much and also that he starts in the final.
Ortega did well again and deserves to play in the final on merit.

Personally I don't think he got a knock at all. It looked like it was pre planned to me to give the team a 3 minute rest at around 75 minutes as we were running on empty. I didn't see him take any knock. I didn't see Eddie warming up whilst Ortega was getting treatment. Immediately after treatment he played his normal game without any hint from then till the end of the game of any knock or injury. If it was planned it worked and we got a vital 3 minute rest at a key stage of the game.

Now City don't normally do any "dark arts" or timewasting (apart from Eddie towards the end of games when we are winning). Caicedo was leaving his foot in all game, Chelsea were taking their time from the first minute taking goal kicks, throw ins and corners, etc etc but we played a straight game again today (apart from Ortega's knock). If you want further proof of our straight game play then replay the match and watch Chelsea corners....not once did we see any City players grappling, holding, pushing, etc. But that from Ortega today was executed perfectly and about time we did it. Better the keeper to go down for treatment then any other player say holding their head, as they then have to go off for 30 seconds. So well done City.....used it brilliantly and sparingly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.