Chelsea (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

I’m going to say something now which may get me in some folks bad books but it’s the way I feel and I make no excuses.

Any City fan who has a bad word for any City player after today’s game needs to give their head a wobble. That team today showed character, determination, grit, heart and soul. They fought to keep our place in the cup and they succeeded. Ok it wasn’t the best display but they played as a team, together.
Criticism is ok on a normal match (constructive criticism) but today they were magnificent warriors and only (IMHO) deserved praise.

There’s a word that a lot of you use that begins with the 3rd letter of the alphabet and if you had bad words for that team today please apply that word to yourself!

Sorry but that is my opinion and I stand by it. Throw your stones (no pun intended) at me but I stand with that team and our fans. :-)

My only regret today? I couldn’t be there, I cried the other night because I wasn’t able to go to Wembley. But today my tears would have been tears of joy and pride. Sorry for the essay. ;-)

Onto Thursday now. A few days off, some light training and hopefully we'll stop hearing about players being 'dead on their feet'.

Bernardo enjoyed his goal today. He celebrated right in front of us and you could see he 'felt' it.

Fucking love that guy. Still a legend for his tea drinking exploits.

Couple of points.
Firstly, we are clearly watching one of the most astonishing football teams ever to have played the game. I can think of no other team that, after humbling the second best team in the world for 120+ minutes without the breaks to win it, can go again in a high stakes game 3 days later, still get 60+% possession, and have the balls to go on and win it. People are saying we were out on our feet, but we still had them parking the bus. I am awestruck.

And secondly, I have a middle aged man crush on every single one of them for their love and belief in the club, their heart and guts, and their love and respect for each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.