Chelsea Post Match

Ducado said:
Just back home one of the best games I have seen two quality teams

CFC have a bloody good defence. But Mike Dean has been removed from my Xmas Card List. Where was the even-handedness with the cards. If you scripted the perfect, tough, hard tackle then the one in the first half would have been it. But wait, Dean blows for a foul with which I was incensed, and then the card comes out. I was incandescent! And what happened to players raising their hands and red cards. The Lickspittle Gobshite that is Costa had two hands on Zab. Dean, you can fuck off yer useless piece of manchego!

Lost my voice today - shame on the journey home we were talking about a referee rather than a game that showcased the top two teams in the prem. Some great performances all of which have been duly noted on this thread. One question from me - Am I the only one who thinks Sagna looks poor? In his three performances to date he looks out of sorts. Watch the Chelsea goal again, and focus on his defending, missing a tackle as the broke,trying to play offside then ending up on the left side, not closing down Hazard. Plus when in possession he seems incapable of finding a good forward pass. Was he that bad for Arsenal? Thought Lampard's movement was excellent and made a big difference we could do with finding a younger version in Jan as he offers something different to the other midfielders and it seems we will not be able to count on Yaya scoring 20 goals this term (better today mind) So glad we didn't lose.

My biggest concern and its happened before,is our ability in slowing down a game in midfield.We are excellent at it,but it doesn`t help our cause.
Time and time again,we are so slow in moving the ball forward that it gives the opposition time to regroup.
Hey,don`t get me wrong I thought we could have taken all three points and I felt that Chelsea were there for the taking,but look at their goal.
Super fast break,with midfielders who had both pace and vision and at least three men arriving in the box together to deliver that fateful delivery.
Chelsea came for a point but the twats nearly got three,which would have been a travesty. Stiil,5 points out of 9, against the other top three from last season.

Just got back in.

Haven't read the thread so have no idea what the 'vibe' is.

From where I was sitting we were comfortably the better side and with 11 v 11 rather than 10 v 12 would've arseholed them. Chelsea are nowhere near our level and looked petrified of having a go in case we sliced them to bits.

Very impressed we came back from 0-1 down with 10 men against one of last season's CL semi finalists. That takes some doing and is the sign of a proper proper team.

Costa is vastly over rated and he got pocketed by Mangala and Vinny.

Thought the whole team played very well (all at least 8/10s). Thought Fernandinho, Milner and Kompany were fucking excellent.

Have to resesrve MOTM for Mangala though. Thought he was fucking colossal and had a very very impressive debut. Very strong in the air and the tackle and can also 'play'.

Get him and Vinny fully firing and stick Fernando in front of them and all I can say is good luck to the rest of the division.

Mr HJ said:
Lost my voice today - shame on the journey home we were talking about a referee rather than a game that showcased the top two teams in the prem. Some great performances all of which have been duly noted on this thread. One question from me - Am I the only one who thinks Sagna looks poor? In his three performances to date he looks out of sorts. Watch the Chelsea goal again, and focus on his defending, missing a tackle as the broke,trying to play offside then ending up on the left side, not closing down Hazard. Plus when in possession he seems incapable of finding a good forward pass. Was he that bad for Arsenal? Thought Lampard's movement was excellent and made a big difference we could do with finding a younger version in Jan as he offers something different to the other midfielders and it seems we will not be able to count on Yaya scoring 20 goals this term (better today mind) So glad we didn't lose.
He did look out of place today.Think he looked ok against bayern but still need to comes to term with our pressing style

Fantastic atmosphere today - the best in a long time outside of derby games.

From the first minute, we were full pelt at them. Admittedly, Chelsea looked pretty solid, but we were by far the dominant team.

Milner was excellent, and Mangala looked formidable. The entire team put in a shift. Dzeko played well above himself today too and deserves serious praise for his effort. Kompany had Costa in his pocket all afternoon, much to Costa's chagrin,

The ref made a rod for his own back with the bookings - in what wasn't a dirty game all in all. Far more niggles than nasty challenges I'd say.

Up until the sending off, City dominated, but chances were few and far between. After the sending off, Chelsea saw their chance to take all three points, and promptly took their chance. It was a fear all game, that City's failure to capitalise on their dominance would cost them.
The sending off knocked the stuffing out of us, and it seemed only a matter of time before Chelsea completed the inevitable 'robbery'.

The Lampard substitution didn't fill me with much confidence. I didn't think he would add anything 'extra' to City. I was glad to be wrong. Although in truth, even though he scored the equaliser, I'd not say his general impact was particularly great. But a goal is a goal, and I'll take it all day long.

After the equalizer, our belief returned, and it looked like we could take the 3 points we thoroughly deserved.

All in all, I'm happy with a point, but still feel that we were unlucky. We WERE the better team, and Chelsea knew it within the first 20 minutes. They'd have been over the moon with 0-0 at half time.

We've played Arsenal, Bayern and Chelsea in just over a week and gone toe to toe with them both. We were close to matching Bayern, and better than Chelsea and Arsenal.

Having read reports in the media, they claim Zabba's card was justified (as a second yellow). It looked like the ref gave him a straight red, but the media says not.

As 1-1 games go, this was a good one in my opinion. Chelsea can consider themselves fortunate I'd say.

Stoned Rose said:
Just got back in.

From where I was sitting we were comfortably the better side and with 11 v 11 rather than 10 v 12 would've arseholed them. Chelsea are nowhere near our level and looked petrified of having a go in case we sliced them to bits.

Very impressed we came back from 0-1 down with 10 men against one of last season's CL semi finalists. That takes some doing and is the sign of a proper proper team.

Thought the whole team played very well (all at least 8/10s). Thought Fernandinho, Milner and Kompany were fucking excellent.

Have to resesrve MOTM for Mangala though. Thought he was fucking colossal and had a very very impressive debut. Very strong in the air and the tackle and can also 'play'.

Get him and Vinny fully firing and stick Fernando in front of them and all I can say is good luck to the rest of the division.

We'll be ok in defence. We are lacking in creating chances. Set pieces are bordering on terrible and our counterattacks seem laborious. Chelsea really were only allowed one, but compare the movement on that one with the 5 or 6 breakaway chances we had.

FanchesterCity said:

From the first minute, we were full pelt at them. Admittedly, Chelsea looked pretty solid, but we were by far the dominant team.

Milner was excellent, and Mangala looked formidable. The entire team put in a shift. Dzeko played well above himself today too and deserves serious praise for his effort. Kompany had Costa in his pocket all afternoon, much to Costa's chagrin,

The ref made a rod for his own back with the bookings - in what wasn't a dirty game all in all. Far more niggles than nasty challenges I'd say.

Up until the sending off, City dominated, but chances were few and far between. After the sending off, Chelsea saw their chance to take all three points, and promptly took their chance. It was a fear all game, that City's failure to capitalise on their dominance would cost them.
The sending off knocked the stuffing out of us, and it seemed only a matter of time before Chelsea completed the inevitable 'robbery'.

The Lampard substitution didn't fill me with much confidence. I didn't think he would add anything 'extra' to City. I was glad to be wrong. Although in truth, even though he scored the equaliser, I'd not say his general impact was particularly great. But a goal is a goal, and I'll take it all day long.

After the equalizer, our belief returned, and it looked like we could take the 3 points we thoroughly deserved.

All in all, I'm happy with a point, but still feel that we were unlucky. We WERE the better team, and Chelsea knew it within the first 20 minutes. They'd have been over the moon with 0-0 at half time.

We've played Arsenal, Bayern and Chelsea in just over a week and gone toe to toe with them both. We were close to matching Bayern, and better than Chelsea and Arsenal.

Having read reports in the media, they claim Zabba's card was justified (as a second yellow). It looked like the ref gave him a straight red, but the media says not.

As 1-1 games go, this was a good one in my opinion. Chelsea can consider themselves fortunate I'd say.

Could have got 2 goals

neel said:
FanchesterCity said:

Could have got 2 goals

And only on the pitch for about 15 minutes. The goal was set up by Milner and Silva, but he was in the right place to take the chance. Kudos.

Stoned Rose said:
Just got back in.

I think we actually need to get our forwards firing. Aguero still looks a bit off the pace and Dzeko hasn't scored yet. That to me seems to be our problem this season so far especially at home. I don't think Silva has fully hit his stride yet either and Nasri just hasn't turned up. Mangala and Kompany will become the best CB pairing in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.