Chelsea Post Match

Glad to have got a point out of that after what went on before, got to give the Blues great credit. Dean was embarrassing and Neville called it correctly on Sky afterwards, he needed to handle a game like that differently, he might have called most of those cards correctly but a quiet word in the ear would have been a more appropriate option. Twats like Dean make a rod for their own back when they start dishing out yellow cards early doors for innocuous fouls.
A concern for me is the astonishing amount of cards we are picking up this season and the way we seem to be getting players like Zabba, Fernandinho booked early on in the 1st half and then walking a tightrope for 70/80 minutes. Whether those bookings have been justified is another matter but it needs to stop.....it came back to bite us today.
Great first game for Mangala, pace and strength in abundance. Looks promising.
To have salvaged a point from that position feels like a big result.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Just got back in.

Haven't read the thread so have no idea what the 'vibe' is.

From where I was sitting we were comfortably the better side and with 11 v 11 rather than 10 v 12 would've arseholed them. Chelsea are nowhere near our level and looked petrified of having a go in case we sliced them to bits.

Very impressed we came back from 0-1 down with 10 men against one of last season's CL semi finalists. That takes some doing and is the sign of a proper proper team.

Costa is vastly over rated and he got pocketed by Mangala and Vinny.

Thought the whole team played very well (all at least 8/10s). Thought Fernandinho, Milner and Kompany were fucking excellent.

Have to resesrve MOTM for Mangala though. Thought he was fucking colossal and had a very very impressive debut. Very strong in the air and the tackle and can also 'play'.

Get him and Vinny fully firing and stick Fernando in front of them and all I can say is good luck to the rest of the division.

I think we actually need to get our forwards firing. Aguero still looks a bit off the pace and Dzeko hasn't scored yet. That to me seems to be our problem this season so far especially at home. I don't think Silva has fully hit his stride yet either and Nasri just hasn't turned up. Mangala and Kompany will become the best CB pairing in Europe.

Agree with this. Strange we didn't make more of a play for Falcao, especially if we knew Negredo was on his way. We basically have 3 forward, two of whom look like glass men. Is there anyone from the Academy who can step up and play in (say) early round Cup games?

What a game to cap off a great weekend for me!

11v11 they defended very well, we played well and created the most. 10v11 they scored and hit the post but our attitude to get back in the game was great and we looked most likely to win it!

Not got any real complaints about the red card, thought it was a silly kick by Zaba.

James Milner was IMMENSE! By far the MOTM!

I'm so glad we have not got and never will have Mourinho as our coach. Dull! His teams are so fucking dull. Chelsea had had enough after 44 minutes and wanted to be in the changing rooms, so after a little kick from Silva, Willian just stayed down so the half fizzled out. Dull! Stoke attacked us more than Chelsea did at 11v11. Dull! He's just so dull! Jose Dullinho!

Stoned Rose said:
Just got back in.

From where I was sitting we were comfortably the better side and with 11 v 11 rather than 10 v 12 would've arseholed them. Chelsea are nowhere near our level and looked petrified of having a go in case we sliced them to bits.

Very impressed we came back from 0-1 down with 10 men against one of last season's CL semi finalists. That takes some doing and is the sign of a proper proper team.

Thought the whole team played very well (all at least 8/10s). Thought Fernandinho, Milner and Kompany were fucking excellent.

Have to resesrve MOTM for Mangala though. Thought he was fucking colossal and had a very very impressive debut. Very strong in the air and the tackle and can also 'play'.

Get him and Vinny fully firing and stick Fernando in front of them and all I can say is good luck to the rest of the division.

I think we actually need to get our forwards firing. Aguero still looks a bit off the pace and Dzeko hasn't scored yet. That to me seems to be our problem this season so far especially at home. I don't think Silva has fully hit his stride yet either and Nasri just hasn't turned up. Mangala and Kompany will become the best CB pairing in Europe.

I agree. The point I was trying to make was once our 'proper' team is back, fully fit and firing on all cylinders there's no one in this country will stop us winning the title again.

Chancy Termites said:
Sean85 said:
Not read the full thread but is it just me that's pissed off with Lampards reaction? Calling us "this team" and looking like he's about to start crying for scoring? Obviously I'm glad he scored bit his reaction/devastation takes the piss

I wouldn't worry about it. He's a professional in the true sense of the word - I don't doubt that he'll try his hardest for whoever is paying his wages, against whoever the opposition may be. And he has spent the vast majority of his career at Chelsea.

If he'd deliberately ballooned his shot over the bar, then things would be different.
Yeah fair enough, I didn't expect him to do an Adebayor or anything but he looked like he was going to cry. If it bothers him that much why sign for another English team? Its a side issue really, I'd have taken a point before the game, it just pissed me off, probably more than it should

teams are entitled to set up how they deem fit. If that means playing on the break, we have to live with that.
Like having sufficient cover when we have a corner. Simple to arrange, so why dont we?
Anyway, great attitude today, Jimmy was a revelation with his twinkletoe dribbles, Edin and Kun took a battering and never gave up Yaya had a point to prove and did. Komps and Mangala , power, pace and commitment looking good for the future, no-one was a let down, in fact. For Chelsea, i can see Costa getting a shit load of goals if he stays fit, was unlucky with the one that hit the post, and despite being clattered( fairly ) throughout he came back for more.
We have played two of the top european teams and given as good as we took, the experience will be priceless in the months ahead.

lasereyes said:
Stoned Rose said:
Just got back in.

Agree with this. Strange we didn't make more of a play for Falcao, especially if we knew Negredo was on his way. We basically have 3 forward, two of whom look like glass men. Is there anyone from the Academy who can step up and play in (say) early round Cup games?

I don't think there is. It could prove to be a big problem for us. That was a game for Jovetic to play or come on but yet again he is injured and we are left with two. Who do we play up front against Wednesday? For me, until Jovetic is fit, we have to play one up front.

Stoned Rose said:
Just got back in.

To be fair, we've played some very tough teams recently, plus a Stoke side who had a 'park the bus' game plan that paid off.
We've just not been allowed to play the free flowing game we've been used to - but we do need to adapt our game to this sort of circumstance. It's going to happen more and more.

I thought Aguero looked fine today though, just lacked chances.

I suspect we're going to have to start sitting deeper and invite teams onto us in order to catch them on the break. It's proving to be a nightmare to try and play through 11 men in defence!

Finished watching the recording and I don't agree this played like a high quality match between two top teams. It was far closer to the City vs Stoke than say the City vs Chelsea last season, City vs Liverpool or even Munich vs City.

City were great and many players had great games such as: Mangala, Kompany, Fernandinho, Milner and Toure was good too. Silva though and Aguero did not have their best days, but Dzeko was good. Of course City were more focused and playing at a higher level than the Stoke game, but the pattern of the game was very similar. Chelsea did not even deserve the draw, that being said like against Stoke City did not create enough chances though I believe they should have had two pens (though Yaya's should have conceded one too.)

Defensively Managala and Kompany were superb and very physical against one of the best strikers in the world. They gave him very little, but credit to Costa he stuck at it and was the best centre forward on the pitch, unlucky not to score. Milner was rightly MOTM, because it is so hard to change positions from game to game let alone twice in a single game.

It was guaranteed that Lampard would score a decisive goal and he did so with a trademark run into the box. At first I thought Lampard would be a poor signing for City and if they use him like they did against Arsenal he will prove to be, but I think the best time to use him is in games like Stoke or Chelsea today. He still has brilliant timing of his runs and can always get a goal.

It was definitely a moral victory for City and they showed they are still the best team in the country. The problem is that it is not beating the best that wins you the league like Chelsea showed last, but beating the also rans and this league is full of them. I just have the feeling Chelsea will do that more and win the title, but I think it will be a great race.

BoundedCascade said:
A great performance and I feel if Dean hadn't sent Zaba off we would have won

think it would of finished 0-0.game opened up a bit with us down to ten.zabba daft diving in obvious someone would walk.how the fuck fabregas didn't get carded is my biggest gripe ,i want consistency.if milner goes someone needs shafting by an elephant,mangala /kompany class ,likewise lampards effort and experience .not creating like last year have more teams worked us out or just a slow start(3 hard games to be fair)chelsea look a better balanced side ,maybe as they don't commit like us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.