• Lose

Votes: 150 39.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 112 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Navas at RB for this game would be a huge mistake. Although Navas had a decent game yesterday, Hazard would cause a lot more problems for him than Sanchez did yesterday.

Would like to see Zabaleta come in, we need our full backs to show some positional discipline in this game, Chelsea rely so much on the counter attack. Not a clue who Pep is going to opt for in defence, any chance he could go with a back 3? Or has he given up with that?

Remember us playing well against Chelsea with our makeshift back 3, that is until the De Bruyne miss then we fell apart. Would Pep consider a back 3 of Stones, Kompany & Otamendi? Or would that be suicidal...........

With Kompany everyone will hold their breath after every tackle. Knowing him, he'll want to go in for everything to make up for his absence or prove his worth. If he gets injured, the mental hit the team will take will be massive. A wasted sub as well. Then if his replacement doesn't play as good, he'll be slated. This is all hypothetically speaking.

Zaba isn't as quick anymore but offers more going forward. Sagna still has some pace but offers little going forward. His back passes tend to put him trouble as he often looks uncomfortable in possession and the worst person to capitalise on mistakes is Hazard. Tough choice for Pep. I can understand Navas at RB. Probably as a measure for Sanchez. However, he's not a defender. I definitely don't envy Pep.

Do you think anyone really cares if he does get injured now?
I do totally understand your point, but he looks set to be gone in the summer with able replacements coming in. However right now he is the only option we have as a leader with a physical presence in the back 4 and I'd throw him in simply because things are getting desperate right now
I just cannot believe the recruitment system in this club has allowed us to get so, so handicapped at the back. There is not a single player we can count on anymore in our own half of the pitch, so just throw Kompany in and if he gets injured, on his head be it. Too much sentiment now and he has been fit for over a month, no point gently positioning him back in when we are in a do or die situation for the top 4

Depends who Pep plays in defence which is anybodies guess!
If we turn up we could win 2-3, I hope.

Who knows but you can guarantee to be entertained. Wouldnt surprise me if its another 2-2 draw. I then see us winning our remaining games, secure top 4 and hopefully win the FA Cup.

I do totally understand your point, but he looks set to be gone in the summer with able replacements coming in. However right now he is the only option we have as a leader with a physical presence in the back 4 and I'd throw him in simply because things are getting desperate right now
I just cannot believe the recruitment system in this club has allowed us to get so, so handicapped at the back. There is not a single player we can count on anymore in our own half of the pitch, so just throw Kompany in and if he gets injured, on his head be it. Too much sentiment now and he has been fit for over a month, no point gently positioning him back in when we are in a do or die situation for the top 4
Good post I agree it's now or never for vinnie needs must top 4 is at stake we need a talker alongside either stones or ottamendi.

Desperate and do or die? We just drew at Arsenal and really should have won. It wasn't a good performance but have some sense of perspective

Shame they lost to Palace really - we're not catching them anyway, that loss means they will be desperate for a win here to push Spurs away. If they'd won I could see them settling for the point & us taking the win.

Feeling it could be a similar pattern to usual against them, play pretty well, look the better team, miss some big chances & lose on the counter.

The whole Kompany situation is pissing me off. Give him a go, if he breaks down bring Otamendi on, Pep doesn't even use all his substitutions any way. It seems Pep isn't being honest to us and he just doesn't want Kompany at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.