• Lose

Votes: 150 39.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 112 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Navas at RB for this game would be a huge mistake. Although Navas had a decent game yesterday, Hazard would cause a lot more problems for him than Sanchez did yesterday.

Would like to see Zabaleta come in, we need our full backs to show some positional discipline in this game, Chelsea rely so much on the counter attack. Not a clue who Pep is going to opt for in defence, any chance he could go with a back 3? Or has he given up with that?

Remember us playing well against Chelsea with our makeshift back 3, that is until the De Bruyne miss then we fell apart. Would Pep consider a back 3 of Stones, Kompany & Otamendi? Or would that be suicidal...........

If we were to play a back 3, Kolarov would be on the left side of it. Pep's not going to play 3 right footed CBs. Chelsea would love it if we played a back 3 as it would greatly reduce Sane's threat.

With the back four being garbage, I'm at a loss to see why we can't just start Kompany and if he breaks down, he breaks down. I'd even play Yaya at Centre half at the moment. He's done it before and could probably still do a better job.

They will play the way they have all season and counter attack so it is imperative that someone sits deep to break up any counter. Sane and Sterling are much better going forward than Alonso and Moses are at defending. I would put KDB on the bench for this and play a 4 2 3 1. Counter their counter, nick a goal after the hour and sit deeper and come away with all three points. If Palace can do it then so can we.
Sit deeper ? Under Guardiola....not a chance, a bit of pragmatism is required....also not a chance. We'll play the same kamikaze football & the result is anyone's guess .

No matter how well we play, we are only one shot away from being behind or pegged back. That uis the difficulty we have, it's a tough balancing act. We can't go there and defend because we will lose, we can't go for it, because we will lose we need to find a balance. And even if we do find a balance, that defence and 'keeper of ours are likely to switch off and cost us(again)

1-1

We'll defend high and they will counter attack us at least 3 times,i can only see a thrashing
I agree re vinny,no point waiting if he is fit,if he breaks down then it was always going to happen

Difficult one to call.

I don't see any happy medium for this one and one team will have arse served up on a platter.

Difficult to call? I would suggest the same for 90% of our games this season. We turn up, we win. The problem is we turn up only for 10-15 minute spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.