Chelsea thread 2012/2013 season

They'll be fine against teams they can bully, but, all their new signings are like Juan Mata, and I can't see them doing the business I'm afraid. They'll be trailing in a long way behind us, and after a change of manager. Lucky to get 4th I reckon.
I must confess that it seemed quite ironic that, having spent loadsamoney,nothing seemed to have changed - when they found out they couldn't bully us, they finished up with 10 men and doing another backs to the wall job for 45 minutes - which was just a repeat of their most successful tactic last season!

I can't quite understand this slagging of chelsea's prospects.
I thought they were more than decent in the first half yesterday. In fact, had that Savic foul been given, the game's complexion could have been very different. That was a yellow and hence a sending off for me. But we were due some rub of green post that Kompany sending off.
Torres looked real sharp considering he was playing against the best CB in the league (world?) right now. Mata looked off the boil though.
The real poor performances were from Ivanovic and Mikel. Ivanovic is a dirty player and tends to get away with a lot (just like Vidic) but glad the refree saw that yesterday. Mikel is a very limited player and I think Mancini's plan to have players rush on him whenever he got the ball worked like a charm.
and David Luiz was pretty decent in the first half. I thought John Terry was poor.

bleed.blue said:
I thought they were more than decent in the first half yesterday. In fact, had that Savic foul been given, the game's complexion could have been very different. That was a yellow and hence a sending off for me. But we were due some rub of green post that Kompany sending off.
Torres looked real sharp considering he was playing against the best CB in the league (world?) right now. Mata looked off the boil though.
The real poor performances were from Ivanovic and Mikel. Ivanovic is a dirty player and tends to get away with a lot (just like Vidic) but glad the refree saw that yesterday. Mikel is a very limited player and I think Mancini's plan to have players rush on him whenever he got the ball worked like a charm.
and David Luiz was pretty decent in the first half. I thought John Terry was poor.

That wasn't a bad slagging-off of Chelsea, given the way you started off praising them!

Chelsea will do alright next season. They're nowhere near City, we seen that yesterday but the difference between themselves and the others is negligible.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Andouble said:
he has had approximately 0.5% impact on any of those transfers.

Same could be said for AVB.

Also all 3 are player that play just behind the striker
They only have 1 striker

That's a very good point. I'd love to know why they sent Lukaku out on loan. Adebayor would be a very good signing for Chelsea, imo.

Salford_Blue said:
But would you as a Chelsea fan, expect a title challenge with a defensive combination of Ivanovic/Cahill/Terry/Luiz?

Nobody is challenging us for the title next season.
But as far as chelsea are concerned, do you think there are other CBs in the market that can improve that quartet? For me, the answer to that question is NO.

and with regards to their striker woes, Torres and Sturridge should be enough. Adebayor is a definite non-starter as he will start throwing fits if he is made to sit on the bench for a few games if torres is firing. At this moment, Adebayor has only one option in PL and that is Spurs because their other striker options are Defoe and Kane :)

Quite glad Torres scored, he's not upto a full season IMO and his goal may make them think he'll be strong enough to carry them without buying a proper forward.

If Ade is still with us at Xmas expect a bid to come in.

Some are a bit harsh on Chelseas performance. They were 1 man down for an entire half against the champions and sure, with a lucky goal, they still managed 3-2. United managed 1-6 as a comparison.

With that said, I definitely think United/City will battle it out for 1-2, Chelsea/Arsenal for 3-4.

bleed.blue said:
Regarding Savic it wasn't a foul.

I thought Luiz was their best player by some distance.

Chelsea's prospects are poor in my view as they have not replaced Drogba and Anelka. Whilst Lampard is nowhere near the player he was. These 3 players have been hugely influential for CFC over the years. How do you replace them?

If they buy a centre-forward like Cavani they might be back in business.

I thought they were poor against City. Remember City did not field our strongest team yet bossed the entire game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.