Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this season,
Chelsea have won 2 games (vs newly promoted Hull and Aston Villa)
Drawn a game vs Manchester United
and lost to Bayern Munich and Everton.

They failed to score in both their away PL games (both games that they won under Rafa Benitez last season).
How much time before the panic sets in?
What would have been the fan's reaction if Benitez had subbed out their most creative player (Mata) in a game they were trailing?

bleed.blue said:
So far this season,

They failed to score in both their away PL games (both games that they won under Rafa Benitez last season).
What would have been the fan's reaction if Benitez had subbed out their most creative player (Mata) in a game they were trailing?

Whats worse out of all of this. loaning lukaku out which he will start scoring for fun when baines gives him the proper service.

AntiUnited said:
bleed.blue said:
So far this season,

Whats worse out of all of this. loaning lukaku out which he will start scoring for fun when baines gives him the proper service.

Well in their defense, Chelsea don't have a crosser half as good as Baines in their team. Doubt he would have got similar chances at Chelsea.

bleed.blue said:
So far this season,

I don't think Man City, Spurs, Arsenal etc will be picking up a lot of points from Everton and United away. We beat United last season when they had nothing to play for, not because of Benitez. We'd beaten them several times previously in cups but in the league they just couldn't be arsed. We beat Everton because Lampard scored a brace, they completely outplayed us last season. This season we outplayed them, had more than double their shots on goal and even beat them in possession when they're trying to play like a Spanish team (and had higher possession stats than anyone in the league previously).

We just got really unlucky in front of goal and conceded a poor one. If we had gone there and been dominated or failed to create any chances, there would be a problem. Sometimes you just have one of those matches where nothing comes off (I thought Stoke had a similar match yesterday). As it stands we went there and were the better team, created a lot of chances and just missed them. I don't think many will go to Goodison and outplay them. Just got to hope they collect maximum points from the rest of you as well. Of course I'd have preferred a game like last year where we didn't really deserve to win and we did, but on performance we did a lot better than United or City any lady luck just wasn't with us.

We finally get a couple of easier games now to build some momentum.

Chelsea 5 points worse off on a like to like basis. Arsenal and us 3 points worse off. Rags level.

Castiel said:
bleed.blue said:
So far this season,

I don't think Man City, Spurs, Arsenal etc will be picking up a lot of points from Everton and United away. We beat United last season when they had nothing to play for, not because of Benitez. We'd beaten them several times previously in cups but in the league they just couldn't be arsed. We beat Everton because Lampard scored a brace, they completely outplayed us last season. This season we outplayed them, had more than double their shots on goal and even beat them in possession when they're trying to play like a Spanish team (and had higher possession stats than anyone in the league previously).

We just got really unlucky in front of goal and conceded a poor one. If we had gone there and been dominated or failed to create any chances, there would be a problem. Sometimes you just have one of those matches where nothing comes off (I thought Stoke had a similar match yesterday). As it stands we went there and were the better team, created a lot of chances and just missed them. I don't think many will go to Goodison and outplay them. Just got to hope they collect maximum points from the rest of you as well. Of course I'd have preferred a game like last year where we didn't really deserve to win and we did, but on performance we did a lot better than United or City any lady luck just wasn't with us.

We finally get a couple of easier games now to build some momentum.

You were facing an Everton team without Pienaar and after they had sold their most influential player. Sugarcoat it any way you like.

bleed.blue said:
You were facing an Everton team without Pienaar and after they had sold their most influential player. Sugarcoat it any way you like.
I expect 6 points from your meetings with them this year then.

Code:
Castiel said:
bleed.blue said:

So do I :)

Castiel said:
bleed.blue said:

Cough Cough.
The special one does not look all that special anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.