Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything is possible. Will Sarri be gone by Christmas? Only if we're languishing in the bottom half, which isn't something that will happen IMO. Otherwise, I think the aim this season is top 4.
We'll see - your squad doesn't fit Sarri's system at all. If he tries to stick to his system - and I think he will - I doubt that a top 4 finish is in the cards. Meanwhile, your owner, is renowned for having very little patience.

Bottom half of the table - very unlikely. 6th or worse? Yes, that could easily happen.

If Sarri is given another year to bring in players that fit his system, Chelsea might well prosper under his management.

They defo need a keeper with Courtois leaving, but that is an insane fee for a keeper who certainly isn't in the top ten in the world.

(no particular order)

Ederson, De Gea, Courtois, Alisson, Lloris, ter Stegen, Oblak, Navas, Buffon, Subasic, Neuer, Handanovic at the least are all better than him.

They defo need a keeper with Courtois leaving, but that is an insane fee for a keeper who certainly isn't in the top ten in the world.

(no particular order)

Ederson, De Gea, Courtois, Alisson, Lloris, ter Stegen, Oblak, Navas, Buffon, Subasic, Neuer, Handanovic at the least are all better than him.
Not to mention Gianluigi Donnarumma, etc.

It looks as if Coutois is going to leave - and Chelsea need a top keeper. But there are so many problems in this side if they're going to play Sarri's style that keeper is the least of their worries.

(no particular order)

Ederson wasn’t top 10 when we bought him. Saying that, I hadn’t heard to the lad Chelsea are buying. Even though I watch Bilbao sometimes.

Ederson wasn’t top 10 when we bought him. Saying that, I hadn’t heard to the lad Chelsea are buying. Even though I watch Bilbao sometimes.

Ederson was also less than half the price they are paying is my point. He's a good keeper with some potential, and I understand they are targeting him due to the release clause, but he is worth nowhere near that fee.

Ederson was also less than half the price they are paying is my point. He's a good keeper with some potential, and I understand they are targeting him due to the release clause, but he is worth nowhere near that fee.
Yeah, he seems way overpriced. But hiring Sarri so late in the window has really handicapped them - they're going to pay exorbitant prices for anyone in this window - and likely windows to come.

I stopped obsessing over how much players are "worth" a long time ago. Hardly any players move for what they're worth. Last summer was ridiculous when a pair average to decent strikers went for 75M each - Napoli paid 90M for Higuain and sent him on loan 2 seasons later. There is no longer value in the market. You take what you can get to improve your team.

I stopped obsessing over how much players are "worth" a long time ago. Hardly any players move for what they're worth. Last summer was ridiculous when a pair average to decent strikers went for 75M each - Napoli paid 90M for Higuain and sent him on loan 2 seasons later. There is no longer value in the market. You take what you can get to improve your team.

While I agree with you to a point, value still matters. If Chelsea win some 2 or 3 league titles and some cups with Kepa in goal, then yes, he will ultimately be worth it. From Chelsea's point of view they will make half of the fee back from selling Courtois, so it's all relative. But in any instance, paying a world record fee that is more than double what the record was a year ago for a player who is at best in the top 12-15 in his position is not going to bode well for future transfer plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.