Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's lucky he joined them - nowhere near good enough for us. On admittedly limited evidence, Rodri looks a superior player by some distance

Even at £62.5 million Rodri is starting to look like a bargain.

He has certainly hit the ground running and was brilliant - again - on Saturday.

So now Chelsea have lost to the rags and to Liverpool, despite perhaps deserving more from both games.

Just wait till they play us. The gods will decide it's time to smile on them. I guarantee it.

It's abnormal what players are able to miss when playing vs Liverpool. It's like they do some voodoo magic.

So now Chelsea have lost to the rags and to Liverpool, despite perhaps deserving more from both games.

Just wait till they play us. The gods will decide it's time to smile on them. I guarantee it.

Which is a shame, because our two games against City are two games I'd gladly lose in an effort to stop Liverpool from winning the title.

Last season, I enjoyed our 2-0 win for about 10 seconds until I remembered the beneficiaries from said result.

He's lucky he joined them - nowhere near good enough for us. On admittedly limited evidence, Rodri looks a superior player by some distance

I personally don't see that much difference between the two. Jorginho would look incredible in this City team.

Reece James and Hudson-Odoi getting through 90 minutes last night.

Gilmour controlled the game in the middle of the parrk, with little help from Barkley.

We had about 6 teenagers on the pitch towards the end, with 2 more on the bench.

I know it's just Grimsby, but it was encouraging to see them all enjoy themselves and expecially to see Hudson-Odoi and James come through 90 minutes with no issues. Both may be in contention from Brighton this weekend.

City will batter them again.

Reece James and Hudson-Odoi getting through 90 minutes last night.

Gilmour controlled the game in the middle of the parrk, with little help from Barkley.

We had about 6 teenagers on the pitch towards the end, with 2 more on the bench.

I know it's just Grimsby, but it was encouraging to see them all enjoy themselves and expecially to see Hudson-Odoi and James come through 90 minutes with no issues. Both may be in contention from Brighton this weekend.
Chelsea could end up the season with 6/7 first teamers from the academy isn't it ? Silver lining of a transfer ban !!

Chelsea could end up the season with 6/7 first teamers from the academy isn't it ? Silver lining of a transfer ban !!

Yeah, it's unlikely that they'll all cement a place as a starter beyond this season, but it's definitely great to witness all these kids coming through.

CHO
Abraham
James
Mount
Tomori
Christensen
Loftus-Cheek (when he's back)

Of those, I'd anticipate CHO, James, RLC and one of Tomori/Christensen to be established first team players next season. I think Chelsea will be forced to choose between Loftus-Cheek and Mount further down the line, which is a shame, but they both pretty much occupy the same position.

Then there are Maatsen who is an incredible left back and Gilmour the midfield dictator, both of whom will probably see more of as the season goes on.

I personally don't see that much difference between the two. Jorginho would look incredible in this City team.
I actually agree 100% jorginho would be a perfect fit for this team, he didn't have a brilliant season last season,but I would put that down to the new system and the level of players for that system ,he actually would be an excellent buy next summer ,rodri does look the bees knees though,he has got the lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.