Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from my understanding, the debt sits with a company that Abramovich himself owns, so is it fair to say he owes himself 1.5b rather than the football club.
I would almost certainly expect that debt will be due back from Chelsea or whoever buys the club when that times comes.

What does this mean for Chelsea ?

Attachments

• E220A47D-3B90-471C-8E0E-BD11A4F0FEE6.jpeg
    E220A47D-3B90-471C-8E0E-BD11A4F0FEE6.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 104
What more could Tuchel have done here? He dropped him for one game in the immediate aftermath of the interview and he started him the following 10 straight games until last night.
Have no idea why Lukaku gave that interview essentially slagging the Chavs off as well as Tuchel. I remember the day after when Darren lewis and some other idiot on Sky were saying what a brilliant and honest interview it was and how great that players can express themselves.
Well that can have consequences. It would be like Jacky Boy saying "I enver wanted to leave Villa, would love to be back there and by the way, Pep's crap".
We would be shoving him all the way back down the M6 if that happened

Chelsea run as self sufficient, ran as a company registered to a holding company.

He owns the holding company that owns chelsea, so some moving around of execs and removing himself from any trace and chelsea in theory should be able to carry on for now

Expect he will have to consider selling it on

Interestingly, two months ago Abramovich took advantage of an obscure Portuguese law allowing people of Jewish origin whose ancestors were expelled from Portugal in the 15th century to claim Portuguese citizenship complete with a Portuguese passport.

It's almost as if he knew what was going to happen....

Unlike City/CFG and our ownership structure, where we don’t owe anything to any of our owners and we essentially own ourselves anyway; Chelsea are in debt to Abramovic to the tune of £1.514bn. It’s the biggest debt of any club in football, miles higher than Liverpool’s (£386m) and United’s (£420m), and even dwarfs Tottenham’s (£706m)… it’s a larger debt than Madrid’s (£770m) and even Barça’s (£1.2bn).

Where that leaves Chelsea in terms of Abramovic having his assets frozen/seized, I’m not sure. Nor where it leaves them if he has to sell the club. Nor where it leaves them if Abramovic loses his money like so many Russians have since their stock market crashed yesterday (Gennady Timchenko lost £5bn overnight). Nor where it leaves them long term anyway if Abramovic finds a way to get around this or Russia pull out and things go back to normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.