Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they want someone to stand at the front and shout about togetherness and club identity. Might get them a few results to the end of the season but tactically I'd say lamps is lacking and it's a puzzling move even if it is only into the end of the season. Personally I think that is them writing off this season.

Potter looked burned out and frustrated to me, absolutely the wrong club for him as it would be for many right now, with Yosemite Sam in charge.

But the most concerning thing for Chelsea fans has to be, what is the plan for the future? Is there a plan at all? Lots of outgoings needed, incomings may be harder with no CL and limits on spend, so they need someone to take the talent they have and get a tune out of them plus give them back an identity.

We all saw when pep came in that he wanted certain kinds of players. But he did it gradually and even now prefers a core small group to work with. Chelsea can't really do that now unless they're very clever in the transfer market. No shortage of talent there, but it's a Frankenstein of a team that will show up for pre season training with no idea how (or if)they're going to play or fit in.

Personally, when you look at the potential team on paper,I feel there only a good run away from being a big threat again. James and Cucurella / Chilwell as full backs, Enzo, Kante, Kovacic / Zakira in the middle, Felix, Sterling, Ziyech or Mudryk, Lukaku.... Big talent and big wages ... Still enough there for the right manager to get a tune out of them next season.

I'm not entirely sure why people think he's a bad appointment as interim manager?

Everyone knows it's short term.

He's got 2 seasons getting top 4 with Chelsea, averages 1.8points per game, CL experience, knows a lot of the players and gets the fans on side.

What more do people want from a caretaker?

I agree. Plus, it keeps the media wet dream of Lampard at Chelsea Gerrard at Liverpool well and truly alive. Caretakers FC.

I'm not entirely sure why people think he's a bad appointment as interim manager?

Everyone knows it's short term.

He's got 2 seasons getting top 4 with Chelsea, averages 1.8points per game, CL experience, knows a lot of the players and gets the fans on side.

What more do people want from a caretaker?
Because he’s done nothing wherever he’s managed.

Because he’s done nothing wherever he’s managed.
don't worry about domalino , whatever most people think he goes against ,if bluemoon was a pub dommy would be the geezer shouting "you don't wanna do it like that".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230406_081708_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230406_081708_Google.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.