Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people think Chelsea will be trying to get premium fees for our deadwood/players we should sell.

These are the estimates I think we could reasonably expect to get;

Ziyech - £10m or less.
Pulisic - £20-30m.
Loftus-Cheek - £15m or less.
Gallagher - £30-40m.
Lukaku - no idea what his market value is now. I doubt we can get more than £30m for him.
Auba - free.
Kovacic - £25-35m
Chalobah (I wouldn't sell him but it wouldn't surprise me) - £20m

People say peanuts as if all of these players will be let for £5m each. I doubt we'll be able to shift all of those players in one summer, some will probably go on loan or hang around for another season but regardless the squad will be trimmed. It's at 33 players, so ideally we should be getting rid of at least 8 players.
That’s a big loss on original transfer fees but you get wages off the books I suppose, and I think that’s what Chelsea need to do now in the summer.

I think he's done it twice this season - after Dortmund and again after Brighton. Abramovich used to do this when things got really bad too.
I'm not sure. I don't think he's gonna be able to work with any strong willed manager hence the lampard appointment. What he needs is a yes man

Just saw this on football.london.
Just in case VIni was thinking about growing those locks out :)

Vini dread.jpg

That’s a big loss on original transfer fees but you get wages off the books I suppose, and I think that’s what Chelsea need to do now in the summer.

Yes but keep in mind some of these have been here for years. Hard to recoup the original fee on those that have been nothing but disappointments (Ziyech, Pulisic, Lukaku). As long as we trim the squad for the new manager and get their wages off the books, I’m not particularly fussed about the fees we get.

I'm not sure. I don't think he's gonna be able to work with any strong willed manager hence the lampard appointment. What he needs is a yes man

Abramovich did it with almost every manager that let the situation get out of control. He usually stayed away if we stayed in and around the top 4 (or top 2 back when we we had really high standards). I don’t think the owners intend to visit the dressing room regularly. But this is a disastrous season that keeps getting worse with each passing week.

Yes but keep in mind some of these have been here for years. Hard to recoup the original fee on those that have been nothing but disappointments (Ziyech, Pulisic, Lukaku). As long as we trim the squad for the new manager and get their wages off the books, I’m not particularly fussed about the fees we get.
You’ll get £50m for Lukaku and probably £40m+ for Ziyech, he’s a good player no way you only get £10m for him, don’t know about the others and yes wages off the books and trimming the squad down is key.

You’ll get £50m for Lukaku and probably £40m+ for Ziyech, he’s a good player no way you only get £10m for him, don’t know about the others and yes wages off the books and trimming the squad down is key.

Lukaku’s value feels like it’s on the floor and his wages are super high, like the highest at Chelsea. Ziyech only has 1 year left on his deal so he’ll won’t be sold for more than a token fee I think. It’s Gallagher and Kovacic I think we can aim to get some decently sized fees, maybe even Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek as I know they’re well regarded around the league.

Wonder who the player Boehly singled out in the dressing room was. Got to be Sterling surely?

£350K a week, and done absolute shit all in a chelsea shirt. Could see he was on the decline in his last few seasons at city. Madness business that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.